Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Microgynon 30 to Cilest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Rightoh..

I've been on Microgynon 30 since November and have got fed up with it making my periods stupidly heavy, making my PSM symptoms worse and making me not want sex (thats how contraceptives work!! They reduce your sex drive so much that you never have sex and never get pregnant!)

So I went to the docs this morning and she gave me 2 alternatives - I could stay on Microgynon but take three packets continuously before having a pill free week, OR I can go in Cilest. She's given me a three month prescription for Cilest, but I dunno which alternative looks the better. Anyone else had anything similar?

Comments

• Options
    Hi there
    Unfortunately, the only thing you can do to see how a pill will suit you is to take it for a while! Some women are not suited to any pills and others will try a few that they don't like before settling for one that they do. Only you can decide if you want to persevere and try some more out. Remember that there are ,lots of other forms of contracpetion available if you choose not to continue with the pill.
    Take a read of our contraception factsheets here.

Also, the following organisations will be able to give you some advice and helpshould you need it:

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023
    www.brook.org.uk

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334
    www.fpa.org.uk

Good luck! :)
  • Options
    I was on Microgynon 30 and got really bad cramps in my legs so I've been switched to Cilest. She's given me 3 months worth aswell but I haven't started taking it just yet. Like spanner said everyone's different, but it's probably worth a try.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    I was on Microgynon 30 and got really bad cramps in my legs
    Aaargh, I'm on Microgynon because I get cramps... hmmm
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Aaargh, I'm on Microgynon because I get cramps... hmmm

Weird. But then the new one might give me leg cramps too lol
  • Options
    Well we'll see. Haven't started it yet. Hope it doesn't make my period pains any worse, leg cramps are vile as it is :(
  • Options
    I've been on Microgynon before, but made me have some horrible moods, im on Cilest myself... and found them to be better, im such a moody cow anymore!

give them a try...:)..if theres not for you- you try something else:)
  • Options
    I got changed over to cilest when i had to change, i found it so much better!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i got changed to cilest as i was suddenly developing migraines and she wanted to see if it was my pill. i much prefer mycrogynon. i dont like cilest at all :no: