Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

neosporin scar solution sheets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has anybody tried these? do they work? anything else at all you would like to say...

Comments

• Options
    I have tried a similar product, the sheets you can get from Boots to reduce keloid scarring. They didn't really do much for me. I found Bio-Oil was better, took a lot of the redness out.
  • Options
    bio oil? whats that?

does it help with old scars? the sheets are supposed to do that. but i'm skeptical of those things.
  • Options
    It worked for me, obviously my scar hasn't gone completely but I don't feel so self concious about it. I think it's pretty expensive (my mum got mine for me so I don't know the price) and I had a couple free samples first. I had a quick look on the website and it doesn't seem they are dishing out the freebies anymore. Maybe u could mail them and ask nicely?
    Bio-oil
  • Options
    hey thanks, that does look interesting. does anybody know of a place that would ship it to the U.S.?
  • Options
    The sheets are decent, i don't wear them as much as you're supposed to since i wanna keep my scar but i keep getting bitched at to wear it. They've made it a lot smoother and i can see it's getting smaller.
  • Options
    Because it's my seventh one. I like to be reminded of how i got it and i like the way it looks :D Oh and it freaks some people out. The other thing is that for some reason all of my scars except for one little one are on the left O_o
  • Options
    Originally posted by []\[]02
    it freaks some people out.

hhmmm.....wonder why? :eek2: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Lol it isn't just the scar that freaks people out it's also when i move the bone along my forearm up and down :D

I have a pic of it on a good day!
  • Options
    Of course!!! It looks worse now, you can even see the lines where the stitches used to be. I figured i'd keep it cause it's the worse one besides the ones in my head........but you can't see those :D
  • Options
    would any of them work on really old scars?
    i've got one on my cheek from like 14 years ago and was always told that even if i had surgery you'd still be able to see it
  • Options
    *blank*
  • Options
    I tend to use vitamin E cream for my scars-all self-harm related. it does seem to work. haven't tried anything else although the bio-oil looks good.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dizzy_izzy
    Just wanted to warn you all before you wasted all your money on exspensive porducts, most ofthem dont work. Also scars can take 3 years before they finish developing.
    Out of interest, how did you get your scars anyway? Or is that asking to much...

Mines an old scar, it just didn't seem to be fading fast enough for my liking, the bio oil stuff helped it along. I got that scar when my ex pushed me backwards through a glass window, so no happy memories attached to that one! It's on the back of my left arm and pretty noticable when I wear t-shirts, I don't like the way the scar pulls inwards when I raise my arm and makes it look even more deformed, but I don't think there is anything I can do about that one.
  • Options

Out of interest, how did you get your scars anyway? Or is that asking to much...
    when i was 2 my brother threw a book at me by accident and the corner dug straight through my face and they said i didnt need stitches but i did...
  • Options
    Just wanted to warn you all before you wasted all your money on exspensive porducts, most ofthem dont work. Also scars can take 3 years before they finish developing.

You don't need to pay for the sheets you can get your doctor to prescribe you some. They work on old scars but not as well
    and they won't work on small not raised white-ish scars only on red raised ones.

Now how i got the scars

Two on the left side of my head from being hit with a pole twice and once with a hammer.

The one that i'm using the sheets for is from punching glass.

One small one on my left shoulder from skating.

A small one on my stomach from getting hit too close with a paintball gun.

One on my knee from hockey.

A small one on my right elbow from fighting with some fucker that tried stealing my phone.

I got another small one today by ripping a bit of skin on a nail when destroying my mates wardrobe :D
  • Options
    *blank*
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    I hate mine and wish they would go away.

Yeah me too.

The weather has been beautiful and i'm too scared to wear a short-sleeved t-shirt because of the scars on my arms.