Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to stop my necklace catching in my hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a really nice necklace that was a gift and I would like to wear it more often. The problem is my longish hair always gets caught in the chain bit of it (not in the catch but in the necklace itself) and it gets trapped and it pulls and I keep having to rip hairs out to untangle it.

This isn't the necklace that I actually have but the chain type that is causing the problem looks exactly the same:

This is what the chain looks like

If any of you have any tips to stop this happening it would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Comments

• Options
    wear your hair up when you want to wear it???
  • Options
    Omg... My necklace does that too...

I don't know what it is with that type of chain, but it pisses me off, coz they look sooo good, but I can't wear them coz my hair gets all caught and matted around them...

Any ideas for me too?

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperdoll
    wear your hair up when you want to wear it???
    Yeah at the moment that's what I do but the necklace still gets caught up in it anyway, just a bit less than with my hair down. And only wear my hair up if it's wet, dirty or if I'm in the lab. And I want to be able to wear my necklace on nights out when I like *never* have my hair up.
  • Options
    if the part of the chain that gets caught in your hair doesn't show you could try and cover it with some tape.
  • Options
    Mine does that too, but only when i'm drunk.
  • Options
    Urgh, mines caught on my baby hairs, alas..I had to hang it on my lampshade along with all my other necklaces :(
  • Options
    Mines dones that too and it's a similiar chain, I don't like tieing my hair up so I just put up with it because its a necklas that my bf gave me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    I know this has nothing to do with the thread but nice necklace :thumb:
    Thanks! Actually that's not the necklace that I have but my one is similar enough for me to think it's still a valid comment!

The chain on mine is pretty much identical to that and the pendant part is different. It is a teeny weany diamond set into a silver chunk of metal. I really like it.