Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

in love

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hiya, this may sound so stupid but i miss being in love loads. i mean i had this boyfriend and things were fyne we had sex several times but a month after he dumped me.......i was heart broken. well he has moved on and so have i he has a new girlfriend. i really wna get over him but knt atm.......has anyone had the same problem? nd he likes rubbing it in my face that he has a new girl:( i just really wna have the feeling of love agen.........any one else feel like that?

Comments

• Options
    :yes: I miss being in love, well not so much that, but miss having someone there.

Dont talk in txt talk btw. :)
  • Options
    sorry everyone for talking in text don't worry I won't any more
  • Options
    N being in love as such just miss my ex boyfiend an im jealous of him an his new girl friend. (See the post "Getting over him hurts).
  • Options
    Originally posted by ice-babe
    sorry everyone for talking in text don't worry I won't any more

Don't worry about it. A lot of people do it to begin with.

Anyway back on topic, I reckon you should have a gander at these threads. There's not really much that I can say that hasn't been said already in them except that you will fall in love again. Promise :)

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62690
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62622
  • Options
    It's hard getting over losing that feeling but time is the greatest healer. You will go on to experience greater feelings of love and pain but you will get to that happy stage. Life is precious and every moment should not be wasted. Get out and enjoy yourself, meet knew people, have fun and sow that scumbag just how much you dont need him.
  • Options
    re

Vinyl Vicky's absolutely right. Don't let it get to you. It's extremely difficult I know, I've been there but if you keep feeling this way feeling jealous you are showing a weakness in yourself and like Vicky said time is the healer and at the same time the fighter.

People will say forget about the person and find someone else, but from my experience you will not forget about that person UNTIL you find someone else, which is why, yes, go out have a laugh, meet new people and given time you will feel tonnes better.
  • Options
    i miss being in love too :( :crying:
  • Options
    i miss being in love too
    As a VERY rough rule of thumb, the amount of time it takes to get completely over someone is usually equal to the amount of time you were together (give or take a LOT!)

Falling in love seems like a one way door... so hard to come back out of it!

Does anyone think it's possible to get an overall positive? (So that the amount of happyness in the relationship is greater than the pain after it all ends)?