Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Kaffrin...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive seen that u like making your own clothes n stuff, i want to get a plain vest top and do a kinda paint splattered effect on it what sorta paint would i need?

Comments

• Options
    your best bet is fabric paint - you can get it from craft-type shops and haberdashery type shops. once you iron it (there are instructions on the pots) it becomes wash-safe. brands like dylon and setacolour...

if not, you can use acrylic paint mixed half and half with textile medium - you should be able to pick both up in an art shop. that's almost as good, and you can heat set it too, so it'll wash fine. there's a much wider range of colours, but the medium is quite expensive.
  • Options
    thanks

the fabric paint, is it transparant or could i use it on dark coloured fabric?
  • Options
    if you're going to splatter it, it'll probably end up thick enough to show on dark fabric. you might want to try setacolour opaques instead of dylon though, cause in my experience dylon is only good on lighter fabrics.
  • Options
    ok then

cheers :thumb: