Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

blocked pores/ blackheads

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have blocked pores/ blackheads on my nose, chest and back, i shower every other day and wash my face everyday and it doesn't make any difference i want to be able to wear summery tops in the summer.
i use Clean and Clear blackhead cleansing lotion on my face but it doesn't make much of a difference. Anyone know of a way to get rid of them??

Comments

• Options
    I read somewhere about steaming your face and then using something like tea tree oil afterwards, not sure if it works. Have you tried those strips that you can buy?
  • Options
    yeah i have tried them but they didn't seem to do any good.
  • Options
    Combine 1/4 cup of boiling water with one teaspoon of Epsom salt and then add three drops of iodine. Let it cool until its comfortable to touch. Soak a cotton ball in it and then dab it on ur blackheads. That will loosen them so they can easily be squeezed with a gauze pad. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1andonly
    I read somewhere about steaming your face and then using something like tea tree oil afterwards, not sure if it works. Have you tried those strips that you can buy?

Yeah try that it may work i once did that. Makes the skin feel really clean. I have bad pores on my nose.
  • Options
    I use Clean & Clear blackhead scrub which is quite good. Don't really get spots or anything now but it's still good to use. There's something new that's sposed to get rid of that kinda stuff in like 2 weeks but I Can't remember what it's called.

Maybe you could also try changing your diet a little as well, cut out on junk food would be a start.

Garlic & zinc tablets are quite good for your skin but you have to take them for a month before they start to work.
  • Options
    I have one of those face steamer things and it seems to help.
  • Options
    thanks for all of the suggestions i'll have a try.
  • Options
    where can i buy iodine from?
  • Options
    u should be able to buy iodene from a chemist or maybe a health food shop cos u can use it on cuts ect to stop them getting infected
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    Combine 1/4 cup of boiling water with one teaspoon of Epsom salt and then add three drops of iodine. Let it cool until its comfortable to touch. Soak a cotton ball in it and then dab it on ur blackheads. That will loosen them so they can easily be squeezed with a gauze pad. :)

does this actually work?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    does this actually work?

Worked for me
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    Worked for me

yay

does it stop them coming back for long?