Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Important Question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I have a question. Well I had sex Mon and am now started my peroid. See he cum inside of me should I be pregant not having my period. I am very confuss. Are can you have your period even if you are period. I took a home test it came out neg. I think it was to early. I just don't know I am scare and confuss. Please help me thanks:(

Comments

• Options
    I don't understand, did you say that you'd started your period or not? When did you take the test?
  • Options
    I start today and I took the Test on Wed
  • Options
    Sperm live for a few days, so it's possible to become pregnant if you have unprotected sex while on your period. As you had it before your period, then by the time you're off it the remaining sperm should be dead. If in doubt, do another test after your period. That should put your mind at rest.
  • Options
    Just because you have unprotected sex, doesnt mean you will definitely get pregnant. Its just a risk. Youve since come on your period so the chances are that youre not pregnant, and thats why youve come on.
  • Options
    If you have had unprotected sex, but have now started your period, then it means that you are almost certainly not pregnant.

You can still get pregnant if you have unprotected sex during your period- the sperm live for up to three or four days, so it is possible that they will impregnate an egg early in it's cycle.

You should consider not having unprotected sex- aside from the issue of pregnancy, you are seriously heightening your chance of contracting STDs. And they are not a case of a dose of antibiotics from the Family Planning Clinic- you could contract HIV or AIDS, and cases of heterosexual women contracting HIV through heterosexual sex is at a record high in the UK.

If you don't understand how your body works, you should also consider whether or not you are actually mature enough to be having sexual relationships.
  • Options
    Forgive my ignorance but how is it possible to catch AIDS?

It's always been my understanding that HIV is the virus, and thus what would be transferred, and from then there's a variable time interval until you develop AIDS which is a syndrome symptomatic of the virus.

Thus I always find it odd that people say you could catch HIV or AIDS. I don't think you can. One is always dependant upon the other?
  • Options
    Originally posted by ginner
    It's always been my understanding that HIV is the virus, and thus what would be transferred, and from then there's a variable time interval until you develop AIDS which is a syndrome symptomatic of the virus.

Thus I always find it odd that people say you could catch HIV or AIDS. I don't think you can. One is always dependant upon the other?

You are quite right, it's just force of habit to say "or" because everyone else does. AIDS is the result of HIV, but a lot of people don't understand that so it does make it easier to mention both. Though it's not correct to, and it's my bad.

You're worse than me for being a pedant, mind:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    If you don't understand how your body works, you should also consider whether or not you are actually mature enough to be having sexual relationships. [/B]

For fucks sake thats a bit heavy what are you her Uncle,
    Shes born in 1979 thats plenty old enough, if it was upto you doublesss we'd all be virgins till we married at 30
    (apart from you I assume) anyway I bet you wouldnt say that about a man born in 1979
  • Options
    Originally posted by Iknowyourmum
    Shes born in 1979 thats plenty old enough, if it was upto you doublesss we'd all be virgins till we married at 30
    (apart from you I assume) anyway I bet you wouldnt say that about a man born in 1979

It doesn't matter how old someone is. It matters how mature they are. Surely they shouldn't be having sex until they know something about the risks. In the same way as you wouldn't bungee jump if you didn't know anything about it.
  • Options

I think this is regardless of age here, I mean, she doesn't know the facts about sex, the risks of pregnancy and STD's, she could get herself into trouble if she doesn't know the facts about sex
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    It doesn't matter how old someone is. It matters how mature they are. Surely they shouldn't be having sex until they know something about the risks. In the same way as you wouldn't bungee jump if you didn't know anything about it.

lmao we posted at the same time with near enough the same response:lol::lol:
  • Options
    Yeah but come on at 25,
    yes it does matter how old someone is, no difference between 16 and 40 is there ?
    Of course there is and saying she should be informed more about the risks and the facts is of course true, do you not think its very patronising and a bit nasty to say to a 25 year old cause your not sure about all the facts (who is ) then your not mature enough to be having sex.
    Its a bit of a superior attitude, and I repeat whop would say that about a 25 year old man.
  • Options
    If I understood the question I could answer!!
    It's far too early to take a pregnancy test. sperm can survive for something like 3 days. If you are having a period the chances that you are pregnant are slim but not impossible.

I would think about asking your boyfriend to wear a condom if you don't want to go on the pill. It will also protect you from STDs
  • Options
    Hiya
    You've been given some good advice here already, but if you are still confused, I would advise making an appointment with your GP to have another test, or calling one of the following organisations:

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334
    www.fpa.org.uk

It also sounds like you should be thinking about a regular form of contaception and also thinking about the risks of STIs - remember the only protection against them is to always wear a condom.

:)
  • Options
    You could be, or couldnt be, chance are your not cuz its so close to your period. The test was taken too soon to show anything up though.
  • Options
    For fucks sake thats a bit heavy what are you her Uncle

I didn't look at her age, because it is irrelevant. I used the word MATURE deliberately- look it up in a dictionary and see why.

People are free to do what they want, I just think that people shouldn't be having sex if they don't understand or aren't prepared to accept the possible consequences of it. And that goes for men probably more than women- if they aren't prepared to use rubber then they shouldn't be doing it, regardless of age.

People sleep around too much, that is my opinion. It doesn't mean that they are bad people for it, or that it is "evil", I just don't think it is exactly favourable. If people were meant to sleep around so much monogamous sex wouldn't be so good.
  • Options
    Age isnt irelevent as I said are your trying to tell me that a 16yr old virgin unsure about the facts is the same as a 40 yr old.

It is patronising telling someone older (or the same age) as you that you know best its alright for me to have sex but not you, you have to pass my tests before your ready.
    theres lots to know about the facts its a resonable question you think people shouldnt be allowed to have sex unless their a qualified gynagologist, I might as well ask you whats the average number of spirm produced each time you cum and if you dont know then,

"you don't understand how your body works, and you're not actually mature enough to be having sexual relationships."

That question could have been asked by a 40 yr old married women whos just stated taking the pill cause shes got 4 kids already, should someone in that possition not have sex then
  • Options
    Age isnt irelevent as I said are your trying to tell me that a 16yr old virgin unsure about the facts is the same as a 40 yr old.

It is patronising telling someone older (or the same age) as you that you know best its alright for me to have sex but not you, you have to pass my tests before your ready.
    theres lots to know about the facts its a resonable question you think people shouldnt be allowed to have sex unless their a qualified gynagologist, I might as well ask you whats the average number of spirm produced each time you cum and if you dont know then,

"you don't understand how your body works, and you're not actually mature enough to be having sexual relationships."

That question could have been asked by a 40 yr old married women whos just stated taking the pill cause shes got 4 kids already, should someone in that possition not have sex then

I think people should understand their responsibilities, even if they later decide to be irresponsible.
  • Options

If she doesn't understand that sex during period can lead to pregnancy then that is disturbing. But only part of the issue.

If her and her partner both accept the risk of STDs and children, then that is their decision and theirs alone. If you are prepared to accept the consequences of an action then that is enough, but if you don't know the basics about pregnancy or infection (such as the fact that riding bareback greatly increases both risks) then perhaps you aren't in a good enough position to understand the risks.

Don't be a plank. There is a difference between being a biological expert and knowing that the rythmn method doesn't work, and that having unprotected sex is very dangerous (unless you know your partner is "clean").
  • Options
    I think people should understand their responsibilities, even if they later decide to be irresponsible.

Thank you:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Thank you:)

Hey no problem, maybe the attitude is a Durham thing.

Mine, though I don't know about yours, is a watered down version of the far more controversial; "The stupid should not be permitted to breed, there are far too many already"
  • Options
    Hey no problem, maybe the attitude is a Durham thing.

Mine, though I don't know about yours, is a watered down version of the far more controversial; "The stupid should not be permitted to breed, there are far too many already"

:lol:

That's my mantra too :yes:
  • Options
    Sorry, but I'm too tired to read all the other replies, so I may be repeating something here...

If you have had your period after you had unprotected sex, then you can't be pregnant.

Think about it. If you where pregnant would you have a period?

I suppose, there could be a VERY SLIM (I'm talking, more likly to win the lottery kind of chance) chance that you could become pregnant after your period, but seen as your period lasts 4 days (ok, ok, I'm male so I could be talking bollocks at this point), and sperm can only live inside you for 4 days, plus you had sex... what? 4, 5 days before you even started your period.

With this in mind, I'd bet my life that you couldn't possibly get pregnant under those circumstances.
  • Options
    A lass mate of mine didn't know she was pregnant for 6months because she carried on having her period for all of this time. So it is definately possible to be pregnant and still be having periods. My two pence worth :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by ShitDemon420

You know, you can still be pregnant even if you do have your period.

And an increase chance of getting pregnant round the time of your period.
  • Options
    leave it for a couple more days
  • Options

You can get something called implantation bleeding. It's relatively common. It occurs when the fertilised egg attaches itself to the uterus wall. Many girls mistake this for a period.

Don't assume things - the human body's pretty weird, so it's best to stick to the facts that the experts have worked out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    A lass mate of mine didn't know she was pregnant for 6months because she carried on having her period for all of this time. So it is definately possible to be pregnant and still be having periods. My two pence worth :)

I was 3 1/2 months pregnant before i realised. I had 2 normal periods in that time and 1 miscarriage (i was having twins apparently) that i mistook for a period so a period is no guarantee your not pregnant. Some women just keep having them for some reason. A test is the only sure way to know
  • Options
    Holly shit. To be honest, I thought you were all talking bollocks untill I asked a trusted friend who knows more about the subject.

I think I should just leave this one alone.
  • Options
    Holly shit. To be honest, I thought you were all talking bollocks untill I asked a trusted friend who knows more about the subject.

I think I should just leave this one alone.

Don't worry about it mate - us lot in here tend to be experienced in these matters, having gone through it ourselves, or been through it with friends, or just researched stuff.