Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Strawberry volvic

Ive been really ill today and all of last night. Had to sleep in the bathroom cos other wise i wouldnt have made it to the loo in time.
Could it be because i drank a big bottle of strawberry volvic and its given a laxative effect? Im thinking that because of the flavourings and stuff in it.
Or am i just being silly and i got ill anyway.

Oh and ive lost 4pounds in one night.
I was 8st yesterday morning and now im 7st 8.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I wouldn't worry about 4lb. Perhaps the sheer amount you drunk unsettled your stomach?

I wouldn't get overly worried about it, perhaps avoid the stuff in future :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Strawberry volvic
    Originally posted by Zella
    Could it be because i drank a big bottle of strawberry volvic and its given a laxative effect?

you would have to drink bottle upon bottle to make you that ill.

Oh and ive lost 4pounds in one night.
    I was 8st yesterday morning and now im 7st 8.

that's not 4lbs. there are 14 pounds in a stone. that's near on half a stone, and if that's true, i would see your doctor asap. very sudden weight loss is never a good thing, and especially not when you don't really have the weight to lose.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hiya
    It's pretty unlikely that one bottle would make you that ill, it sounds more like a tummy bug of some kind. Water loss like this will make you lose lots of weight instantly but like Kaffrin said, this is quite a lot and it's best to see your GP to be on the safe side. Alternatively, you could call NHS direct:

NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Telephone: 0845 46 47

:)