Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do I still love him..argh!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok I'm in a really weird situation. I went out with someone for two years, and it was a fantastic relationship, possibly the happiest I've ever been. After two years though things went stale, and we decided to break up. We stayed friends though. This was about 5 months ago. Since then I've gone out with other people (un successfully) and he's now got a gf, who I think he's happy with. We are best friends now, like really close. We talk/text everyday, hang out, do stuff together, talk about everything and basically confide in each other about everything. He is the only person that truly makes me feel 'ok' (I suffer from depression-he is the only one who understands and helps and stuff) and I would HATE to lose him, because I'd feel so lost. Things have been pretty shitty for me these past 5 months, at the moment I feel low and so alone because I'm single again. I ended up getting upset last night because I told him I still loved him... but I don't know if I do! I know he doesn't love me anymore, he told me he cared for me really deeply but he's moved on now. I don't know what to do or how to get over this. I don't think I want to get back with him... I just want things to rewind a year and be as happy as I was a year ago ... argh.... what do I do! How do I get over this?!

Sorry for the long rambly post
xx

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like you might still love him however if he doesn't love you back then you have to move on, don't waste your life dwelling on something that is never going to happen.
  • Options
    I agree, it's best to try and deal with things and move on than to go back into a relationship that's doomed cos he doesn't feel the same.

As for getting over it... I can only give you all the clichés...like time will help it heal etc. And believe me, I know how patronising that sounds, I'm still in love with my ex lol.

Relationships, aye? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I don't think you love him - i think your worried that the two of you will start drifting apart because he is with somebody new and happy and then you lose your special person who understands.

Also because you've been having a tough time i think your looking for a way too feel better and your associating him with your happiness.

Just because you were happy with him doesn't mean he was the only reason behind it. You must be going through different problems at the moment. Boyfriends/girlfriends can't make everything all right, their just people. I believe that people can't be happy in relationships if they be happy by themselves.

Don't worry, sounds like you two are pretty close so your not gonna lose him. Just work at the stuff that is making you unhappy and take time to do the things that make you happy.

Hope this is helpfull and doesn't read like total bollocks, good luck and take care x