Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Breaking Down

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure if this should be in here, but i thought it was more appropriate.

Anyway, you might remember my ex breaking up with me about a month ago and i was really really sad about it. Well we carried on as friends and i was living with it. Obviously i still had strong feelings for her but i tried to be strong.

But.........hiding all of that is taking its tool, im on the college easter half term at the moment and im feeling extremely down and depressed lately. i cant get her out of my head and its really annoying me.

The feelings are getting stronger again and i cant take much more, im also trying to move home but im the one arranging everything because i understand things more than my mum. Plus im desperately looking for another job before i leave my current one.

So basically iv already got a lot to deal with and i dont need her getting me down further. We have barely spoke this holiday but i still cant help feeling all depressed.

I dont know what to do, i dont want to resort to smoking or drugs but i want to cheer up. I need to be strong for people.

Any advice appreciated please, thanx :)

Edited to say: Guess im getting like the quote in my sig now ay

Comments

• Options
    In times of stress, you often miss having people who were close to you around to help support you. You are in a major state of flux at the moment with all these changes in your midst. Once you accept that it is a difficult time it will begin to be easier to cope with each element of your situation.

Do you need to sort a new job out straight away or can you sit the current one out for a little while until you have the other things sorted?

Are you underestimating your mum? Maybe there are some areas of the move that she could take over and be more than capable at coping with? Have you sat down and talked all the things that need doing through with her?

It is also important to try and make time for yourself and your friends, even if it is just one evening a week, make sure you go out and have some fun.

Once some of these things get sorted it should help to calm your life down and lift your mood, however if you really can't shake these depressed feelings off you should consider a trip to your GP to discuss how you are feeling.

Coping with stress factsheet

Boost your mood

Look after yourself

Careline (http://www.careline.org.uk/) are also good people if you just need to talk to someone:

Telephone counselling service for children, young people and adults on any issue, including relationships, depression, mental health, child abuse, bullying, rape and sexual assault, domestic violence, addictions, stress etc.
    Telephone: 020 8875 0500

Take care of you

Susie x
  • Options
    Wow thanx for the replys susie and stacie, they are really comforting and im glad that somebody has actually bothered with me :) . I respect you both for it.

The other job can wait, i can easily stick this one out for a while so i can put this worry aside.
    My mum can do a few things, but being a single mum and me being the eldest i feel the responsible one and i usualy take over. I will speak to her about the move and see what she can do.

As for talking to other girls, i have plenty of girl mates and get on with them really well without having sexual attractions or anything so thats a help. I do see my friends quite a lot and only 2 of them know how im feeling. They are doing their best bless them :)

Once again i really do appreciate the replys, if only i could help you both out in some way. Im gonna take a look at those sites now, thank you :D:)