Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Periods and the Pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For a long time now I've suffered severe problems during the run-up to my period; I get severely bloated after eating, my weight rising up to half a stone, my chest breaks out in spots and the three or four days before I come on I have serious cramps. I've tried Vitamin B6 and evening primrose oil but they don't seem to work very well. A friend suggested I go on the pill, but I always thought that was simply used to regulate periods.

Anyone have any idea if the pill can work for other problems other than irregular periods? If so I'll talk to my GP but I thought I'd get a second opinion before traipsing all the way down there!

Comments

• Options
    Re: Periods and the Pill
    Originally posted by Butterflykisses
    For a long time now I've suffered severe problems during the run-up to my period; I get severely bloated after eating, my weight rising up to half a stone, my chest breaks out in spots and the three or four days before I come on I have serious cramps. I've tried Vitamin B6 and evening primrose oil but they don't seem to work very well. A friend suggested I go on the pill, but I always thought that was simply used to regulate periods.

Anyone have any idea if the pill can work for other problems other than irregular periods? If so I'll talk to my GP but I thought I'd get a second opinion before traipsing all the way down there!

Im now expert. But my girlfriend finds that aswell as regulating her periods, they are alot less heavy and she doesnt faint. Im not sure if it would help the problems that you have though.
  • Options
    i had really painful periods, the pill calmed that so that i barely get any cramps. the bloating isnt as bad ive noticed and if youve got a problem with spots mention this to your gp who will most likely put you on dianette or a pill which helps to decrease the spots.
  • Options
    I found that it really helped the pain i got, some people are different though, but it helps the majority of girls.
  • Options
    I've been put on Microgynon 30 - a friend of mine said when she was on it she started bleeding continuously and had to have a womb scrape - a li'l scary! Ah well, will see how it goes. Cheers everyone!