Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

me, my apology and my pill question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how can i talk to my mum about going on the pill??

i said that i wanted to because i get mood swings, but she said (being a natropath-type person) that the pill has too many sideffects and there was something natural i could take. but really i don't want to take it for that i want to take it as a contraseptive. i know that they will give it to me as a contraceptive as the age of consent here in spain is 12. and i now feel ready, but i don't want to go ahead with out being on the pill, because i know that condoms are 99.8% (or something like that) effective, but i would still like to have a safe guard. is there any way that i could breach this subject with my mum as she still sees me as a little girl in some ways and an adult in others.

also, i would like to say that, i'm not getting better. i've fooled you all (especialy Rich and Graeme), into thinking i'm getting better, so that there may have been someway of just slipping away so no one noticed, i know this isn't gonna happen because people are gonna notice and raise the alarm whether they like me are not. i'm sorry for lieing to you all... and to you graeme, because i'm a hypocrite by telling you not to cut, when i was doing it myself, i would just much rather help others that have a chance than dwelling on my own problems. if you want to talk to me then PM me and i'll give you my msn addy, but i don't really know where i can go from here...

i'm sorry.

i have become a bottle, not letting out my deepest worries, keeping them inside, making it look like i'm just an attention seeker, so that people might get pissed off enough they will ignor me and forget out me so i can disapper without a trace...

yes, i'm a very sad and bitter person and i have no one to blame. but i don't know what help can do for me now, i may have to just go down in style.

i'm sorry...

Comments

• Options
    Not much I can say on the pill front but why the fuck didn't you tell me girl I've been fucking worrying so much and you tell me your fine when your not

:crying:

I dunno what else I can do... all you do is push me away,
  • Options
    like i said i don't know why you waste your time...i'm not worth it
  • Options
    i haven't got anthing more to say to anyone than sorry, and it wasn't a personal thing to hellfire, becuse it involves all the people i've told i'm getting better and have blank faced lied too.
  • Options
    Luby... you've got me really worried. Please don't do anything silly. However bad you think things are, you are still young and I promise things will get better for you. Please let me know you're ok honey, I don't even know you but I am still so worried for you.
  • Options
    Just going to respond to the pill thing.

I think you are going to have to be honest with your mum. You can only expect to get a helpful answer if you tell her the truth about why you want to take it. if you are telling her it's because you want to control mood swings then she'll respond in answer to your concern about mood swings!

you may want to go ahead and take it with your mums consent but isn't it going to be easier to visit the doctor and get it yourself?

The pill may also not be 100% effective but that's often only because of mistakes made while taking it. If you really want to be sure get your boyfriend to use Condoms as well. Contraceptives should be both your responsibility.

If you are thinking of having sex then hopefully you can also be adult enough to discuss this with your mum?
  • Options
    Why don't you just go to the doctor by yourself and get it? I can see what you mean, Byny, about being adult enough to have sex and adult enough to talk about it but tbh not all mothers and daughters are close enough. I went on the Pill when I was 17, I'm 18 now and I have no plans to tell my mam about it. We just don't talk about that kind of thing. I assume in Spain the same applies as here, ie that doctors can't tell your parents stuff that you don't want them to.
  • Options
    Luby I know you don't want to speak to me right now and what not but don't do it.. This is all I can do you've pushed me away so much and YES I FUCKING CARE FOR CHRIST SAKE,

It'll get better..Trust me..believe me..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Luby I know you don't want to speak to me right now and what not but don't do it.. This is all I can do you've pushed me away so much and YES I FUCKING CARE FOR CHRIST SAKE,

It'll get better..Trust me..believe me..

Shouting about caring isn't likely to do much. If you want to be expressive, why not take it to PM.

On a different note, I actually find that your attitude comes across pretty agressive.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Luby... you've got me really worried. Please don't do anything silly. However bad you think things are, you are still young and I promise things will get better for you. Please let me know you're ok honey, I don't even know you but I am still so worried for you.

:yes: that's really all I wanted to say.
  • Options
    Luby honey you really do need to speak to someone about this and start finding yourself some better coping mechanisms so you can begin to climb back up again. You need to realise that you are worth a lot and that there are people who care about you.

Also while you are feeling like this it would probably be unwise to go hopping into bed with someone, all those intense emotions on top of how you are now could be too much to cope with. It is good that you are thinking about contraception but really I think you need to get yourself back on track first.

Take care of you

Susie x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    Luby honey you really do need to speak to someone about this and start finding yourself some better coping mechanisms so you can begin to climb back up again. You need to realise that you are worth a lot and that there are people who care about you.

Also while you are feeling like this it would probably be unwise to go hopping into bed with someone, all those intense emotions on top of how you are now could be too much to cope with. It is good that you are thinking about contraception but really I think you need to get yourself back on track first.

Take care of you

Susie x

thanks susie,

i am getting help, but it's not helpping much so i think i may have to go for the opption that i did want and get some anti depressants. but i really don't know how much longer i can hold on for.
  • Options
    Originally posted by luby
    thanks susie,

i am getting help, but it's not helpping much so i think i may have to go for the opption that i did want and get some anti depressants. but i really don't know how much longer i can hold on for.

Luby you talk about holding on but I know your a strong minded girl I've got faith in you and you CAN HOLD On, things will get better I promise you.. yes they may get worse but battle through like you've allways done,

Whatever you do it's your choise and I'm always here for you *hugs*
  • Options
    I don't know you but after reading that I had to post

*HUGZ*

One step at a time - Remember the People Who Care For You -