Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What To Do Now?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
So, I can't go to uni... for a year anyway.

I need a portfolio to get into the Uni of my choice *London College of Fashion*... I haven't got a portfolio.

Will only have 1 or 2 A Levels come July...

I'd like to become a Makeup Artist, but don't know what to do now... I have no prior makeup artistry experience.

Any help would be great, thanx, Ilora x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i think theyll like you if you can show you have some kind of existing skills that relate to the course you want to do, whether you have done it directly or not

i dont know, how about a portfolio showing your creative skills, like small designs and maybe photos of people you have err administered make up to after a bit of practice...

i dont know how about finding out from some people in the know
  • Options
    It sounds like you're taking a gap year, so you can use that to get some experience (TheSite has some info here).

Also, check out the local colleges and see if they have any one-year courses you can do to improve your skills.

Finally, it might be worth a call to the LCF to see what they're looking for in an applicant!

Edited to add that I just noticed that the LCF are offering UCAS Extra places for this year so if a year out's not your thing it may not be too late :)
  • Options
    Re: What To Do Now?
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    I need a portfolio to get into the Uni of my choice *London College of Fashion*... I haven't got a portfolio.

So make one! Do some designs and sketches, make some stuff, set yourself a few little projects and hey presto you have yourself a portfolio :D
  • Options