Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Copying Mates!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you do when your mate keeps copying everything you wear?? It's getting really annoying but I can't tell her cause she'll just sulk. Any suggestions? I'm trying to go for something diferent to try and get away from her...but nothing I try seems to work...I know I should take it as a compliment to some extent but it's getting way out of hand now. Ive even tried customising my clothes but she just follows!!! It's really getting me down!:mad: :(:confused:

Comments

• Options
    just wear some REALLY awful stuff, and let her copy it, making her look the fool while you go back to your normal clothes?
  • Options
    umm, i had sorta the same thing
    what everyone said
    basically, you need to tell her that it pisses you off, it might hurt her feelings in the short term but in the long run, well ya know...
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    just wear some REALLY awful stuff, and let her copy it, making her look the fool while you go back to your normal clothes?

Orrrr you could just tell her to stop copying you :razz:

The only way to do it is to come out with it tbh :/
  • Options
    Tell her :yes:
  • Options
    Hmmmmm it's so hard though!! It's only started since about 6 months...but it's getting really bad! I read some stuff in the searches here and everyone says that I should tell her...The thing is everyone else sees the problem and is trying to hint...Does anyone know where I can find some really induvidual stuff? Something that's not in all the highstreet stores? Though it'll have to be quite cheap!! I can't afford personalised stuff!! Any cool websites with cool tee-shirts or sumthing?I like retro stuff?Thanx if you've got any ideas!!:)
  • Options
    However 'individual' you try to be sh'll probably still copy you so buying stuff probably won't help.

If you can't tell her do what blonde_batman said!
  • Options
    I had a similar problem when I was younger, except with lads I fancied! And what I did there was have this conversation:

Me: Wow, he's so sexy, he's gorgeous
    Her: Yeah I know, wow!
    Me: Er, I was joking, he's complete ming

Repeat this a few times and she gets somewhat embarrassed. However, this was when I was actually desperate :-/ Presumably the other ways, of having a talk with her, are easier, but more likely to end up in a fight, I suspect!