Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Emergency contraception

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok honestly i havent done anything stupid but one of my mates slept with her bf the other day and the condom broke...blah blah blah.

thing is she cant get the morning after pill here and if she is pregnant she cant get an abortion....any ideas how she can make sure she isnt pregnant?

help is muchly appreciated

Comments

• Options
    Re: Emergency contraception
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    ok honestly i havent done anything stupid but one of my mates slept with her bf the other day and the condom broke...blah blah blah.

thing is she cant get the morning after pill here and if she is pregnant she cant get an abortion....any ideas how she can make sure she isnt pregnant?

help is muchly appreciated

can your friend not go to her doctors??/ maybe they'll give her the MAP? why exactly cant she get the MAP or an abortion??? if the doctors do nothing, then get her to take a test asap. she must have some options, but obviously most aren't available to her. also, she could try going on the pill, so if another condom breaks, then she wouldn't have to go through this twice - just an idea?
  • Options
    basically no doctors here are allowed to give abortions or the MAP because its considered wrong and sinful and all the rest...i told her to get a test and stuff i was just wondering if there were other options she could use...and she cant go on the pill, she gets alergic reactions to them :/
  • Options
    short of the MAP, the only option she has, if it's less than 5 days, is to have an IUD fitted. otherwise she just has to take her chances.

suggestion for the future: condoms are not 100%. if she absolutely definitely doesn't want to get pregnant, suggest using condoms and the pill simultaneously.