Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Romeo Beckhams earing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What kind of mother dares to think she can improve her child/baby by having it's ear pierced!

Oooh it makes me sick.

It's like they weren't quite like they wanted them...'oh I know....lets pierce his ear, that'll make him cuter'

Comments

• Options
    Re: Romeo Beckhams earing
    Originally posted by byny
    What kind of mother dares to think she can improve her child/baby by having it's ear pierced!

Oooh it makes me sick.

It's like they weren't quite like they wanted them...'oh I know....lets pierce his ear, that'll make him cuter'

I know I sound like a snob saying this... but I think it looks common.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by rachie004
    I think it's verging on child abuse

they can't decide if they do or don't want to have their ear pierced, plus who is to say that it won't hurt them? /B]

Do you have the same opinion on circumcision?

I think it's looks stupid on young kids. but I don't really have any other problem with it. Generally I think they're quite good parents considering their abnormal life.

Byny - you love telling people how to bring up their children don't you? :D Thank god you don't work for social services.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    huh!!!! No I don't - but my mum does and thats quite an insulting view of Social services and those who work in Child protection to be honest!

But - whatever!!
  • Options
    I don't think it's right to pierce such a young child's ear (or anything else!) and I don't expect I will do it to my child. Not that it doesn't look nice (although it doesn't do much for small people) but it seems unfair, and I wouldn't do anything to potentially expose my child to more infection than anyway....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Do you have the same opinion on circumcision?

I think it's looks stupid on young kids.

What does..circumcision?

:p
  • Options
    My brother had his done when he was two, a bit cruel, but hey big f-ing deal!
  • Options
    When our Becks was 6ish she wanted her ears pierecd, so as a treat for good behaviour and good school work we got her ears pierced. Come Monday morning took her to school and the headteacher basically said take em out or she will have to be sent home from school.
    So as you can gather out came the studs. The thing is she wanted them done, she kept asking so thats why I let her have them pierced. I wouldnt have done it when she was littler.
  • Options
    my mum didn't let me have mine done til i was 16.

however annoyed i was at the time, i think she did the right thing, and i'll have a similar rule with my kids. maybe not 16, but definitely something like 13 or 14...
  • Options
    dont think a child should have thier ears pierced until they are older and can properly make a decision!
  • Options
    Screw the whole human rights thing, they look stupid. All males with ear piercings do.
    It does, though :p

Yep, that too!
  • Options
    If the child is too young to ask for them, or to know what they are asking for, then it shouldn't happen.

I'll say the same thing about this as I do about circumcision- it's fine if it is the child's choice, but if not it is abuse. End of.
  • Options
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    dont think a child should have thier ears pierced until they are older and can properly make a decision!
    Let alone look after it. I would seriously worry about infection. I'm going to be such a fussy mother.
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Let alone look after it. I would seriously worry about infection. I'm going to be such a fussy mother.

They wont get infection if you treat them how you would your own ears. Obviously most mothers will keep them clean and keep turning them.
  • Options
    Yes, I know. But I'd still worry.
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Yes, I know. But I'd still worry.

Yer worse than me and im bad ;)