Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help! i need participants

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya people!

first thanks to any of you that took part in my study in the summer. I had a major techno fuck up (not the nice sort) and had to stop for a while.
Now, I'm looking for participants to continue my Phd study. Maybe you or friends of yours might be willing to take part and help me out!

I am looking for people who fall into any one of these 3 categories:

1. People who have never taken recreational drugs, except alcohol and tobacco.

2. People who have taken a variety of recreational drugs (such as extasy, speed, cannabis, cocaine…) more than 50 times but have never taken ketamine.

3. People who have taken a variety of recreational drugs, including having taken ketamine 10 or more times.

Participants have to come to the University of East London in Stratford to do a few cognitive tests, a psychophysiological test and complete some questionnaires. But, please note, the study doesn't involve being administered any drug or doing anything uncomfortable or stressful. :crazyeyes

The aim of my research is to look at long term effects of recreational ketamine use in conjunction with the use of other drugs.

The whole session takes about an hour and a quarter and I will pay ₤10 to cover travel expenses/to say thankyou for your time. Participation and results will be treated as strictly confidential.

If you are interested in participating or know someone who might be, please contact me by e-mail (at this address: fleur@uel.ac.uk ) or by phone (020 8223 4951) and we can arrange a time to suit you. Also if you'd like more information before participating please get in contact.

That's it! Hope to see some of you soon…

Fleur
:naughty:

Comments

• Options
    Same here.. I live too far away. I would help you help if I lived closer.
  • Options
    never taken ket ...never even seen the stuff.
  • Options
    I would help but I don't know if I'm applicable or not. I'd fall into category 2 but I've used ketamine once last year? :confused:
  • Options
    I did it last time and I quite enjoyed it, well apart from the probe.

Good luck with the research.