Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Parents

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know this was sort of done before but for those of you whos parents know you take drugs how did they find out and how did they react to it at first?

Comments

• Options
    Was some time ago, my mum found a block of hash in my wallet so i remember, she wasn't happy as you could expect, had many lectures etc... i got my hash back as well lol
    Over the last year or so she's found rizla etc, not long ago she found my tin but never says anything so i guess she's eased up on the fact..
  • Options
    No offence but don't you think your parents (to an extent) have a right to be angry if you take drugs??

Most people in Britain probably still have a stigma against drugs, so in that sense parents would worry. Also, everyone knows a person can get addicted to drugs so they wouldn't want that to occur to their child. IMO, they're just being protective.
  • Options
    the sole liber; Drugs are not the same, they do not all act the same.

However I can see your point, it is perfectly valid for a parent to worry if their child is using drugs, it isnt something to do lightly.

But, within reason, I'd be more concerned if my kid was drinking too much or was smoking tobacco.

As for my parents, no they dont know.

My dad found some puff in my room years ago and said;

"Your mum said she'd leave home if any of you did this, do you want to split up the family?"

How do you answer that exactly?
  • Options
    OK, but drugs plus tobacco and alcohol all have dangerous effects on health if overused.

If I ever have children then I probably wouldn't want them taking drugs. Certainly when they are in their early teens and such. After they leave home, I guess I wouldn't have control over them!
  • Options
    they've never brought the topic up, ever.
  • Options
    My mum walked in on me shooting up...

I cant even describe to you how mad she was. Lets just say the 2 glass sculptures in my room that are worth more than my life are now in a bazillion pieces on my floor :( ....and it wasnt the wind that knocked them over :no:
  • Options
    I guess I must be different to many of you. I knew my parents were using drugs long before I ever used them, and my dad was one of the first people I smoked dope with!

My parent were very open about drugs and alcohol and so it was never a 'naughty' thing.

however - I never went so far as shooting up!! :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    My mum walked in on me shooting up...

I cant even describe to you how mad she was. Lets just say the 2 glass sculptures in my room that are worth more than my life are now in a bazillion pieces on my floor :( ....and it wasnt the wind that knocked them over :no:

you take heroin and you still haven't sold your computer :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    you take heroin and you still haven't sold your computer :confused:

No....suprisingly :D

my dad had a really good paying job so I saved up lots of the money he would give me and I still use that money to get heroin. Right now I have a disgustingly huge amountof money because the insurance money my dad left for me after he passed away. If I ever do spend all the money he left me (which I cant imagine doing), I would still have my clothes left to sell.....and thats...well...another story.
  • Options
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    using you're deceased father's money to buy drugs? :eek2: that doesn't even seem mildly wrong to you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    :rolleyes:

I didnt mean to sound like I was boasting...

My dad worked hard for his money...
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    using you're deceased father's money to buy drugs? :eek2:

Im not using ALL of it, just a portion.

my mum did put money away that I cant ever touch for my college fund.

edited to say.....

I dont think about it much because all I care about is drugs.
  • Options
    I didnt mean to sound like I was boasting...

My dad worked hard for his money...

That is so not what i was :rolleyes: ing about!!
  • Options
    Im not using ALL of it,

I dont think about it much because all I care about is drugs.
    i can't begin to put a figure on the money i shot up my arm ...a million quid would seem reasonable.
    your attitude and situation suggest to me that you'll go down the same rocky road i went down.
    what advice can i give you ...none.
  • Options
    All you care about is drugs?

Doesn't sound particularly healthy to me. I don't mean to preach, but is such an attitude wise if you end up needing narcotics more than food, shelter, etc.??
  • Options
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    All you care about is drugs?

Doesn't sound particularly healthy to me. I don't mean to preach, but is such an attitude wise if you end up needing narcotics more than food, shelter, etc.??
    ...and she will. all the money will be gone. ahh the memories ...
  • Options
    Bb - Are you serious?

In your sig is says 'Cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money', so what is heroin saying to you? If drugs is all you think and care about then you are heading for a dangerous situation, having the cash for the drugs isn't the only issue here, it's the addiction that will be the problem. I'd really suggest you talk to someone about this

Heroin factsheet

Drugscope - find a drug service

Take care of you

Susie x