Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Diaries

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So - who keeps a diary?
I've kept one since 1983 or there abouts!

Just dipped into my 'diary box'

here's what I came up with

March 26 1997 - 'I keep thinking and thinking about Mark and me. Are we having any fun? Not really I don't think. We just sit on the sofa and vegatate. Is Mark thinking the same? Do I really love him as much as I say? I do love him, and don't want to be without his love and friendship but has it gone past sexual attraction now? Has the really good sex gone?' (THIS IS THE SAME MAN I AM WITH NOW!!)

24th March 1990 - 'I just met a friend of Mike Tiritias (Mike the geek) who is gay.
Now its 7.55 am and I'm sober and I can explain the above lastnight at the bop (Manchester Poly Bop) I met Ranbir - he was a really good laugh and says he is coming round on Tuesday to take me to a club. Mr blusher brush wasn't at the Bop. I'm so stupid, I shouldn't get so worked up. Even now I can't stop thinking abou him. I want a friend so much, not a boyfriend, but a friend who is into the same things. How many times have I said that?'

March 29th 1988

Hello
It's 12.58 am. I've just come back from the Grand Hotel in Cardiff where I went to and 18th Birthday party. I was meant to leave at one but Catrina had her purse stolen and was really upset. We didn't have enough money for a taxi so I had to phone mum. Catrinas driving licence was in her purse. matthew was there I invited him to my party (Matthew turned out to be the only gay boy in the village)

24th March 1994

Hello - I feel like moving again Katy (my sister) and her boyfriend Dave were having noisy sex upstairs at 1.15 am and I banged on the wall to shut them up. martin (my housemate) said they're young and having fun, but, fuck, I don't want to be woken up at 1am by thet kind of horrible noise. Went to Metros on saturday and the lead singer of the manic Street Preachers was there '

March 29th 1992...Well...went to the Square club, Michael ws ther but baisically it was a kind of 'who really cares and does it bother me' kind of situaton because I didn't think he was going to be there. The cute bloke from Spillers records was there!

Later - I don't know what is wrong with me. I've just let everything get on top of me. About 1 and a half hours ago I got totally stressed out and started crying. I had to get out of the house. I went to the beach but couldn't find anywhere to go. The tide was in. God what is wrong with me, I don't know how to get out of this hole I have dug. Part of me says i must be lonely but today I kept walling and trying to find a place i could be on my own. I couldn't find one and that freaks me out!. I feel like something is enclosing around my head and squeezing my brain so I can't think anymore; I feel so hemmed in all the time and threatened by everything around me.

24th March 1987 I've got to go to an award ceremony and get my O lever certificate and mum and dad will be away. Noone wants to go with me, I have to put on my form that I just need one ticket...for me.

I understand they have to go away and wouldn't dream of asking them to stay. I have nooone to congratualte me , it's not fair

Comments

• Options
    The dates in that make me feel young!

Sorry:p
  • Options
    i kept a diary between the ages of 14 and 17.

and no, i'm not going to show you anything from it, because at that age i was everything i hate about people.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    ii was everything i hate about people.

Teenagers really do show the worst up about people:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    The dates in that make me feel young!

Sorry:p

My god!! I thought you were old!!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    My god!! I thought you were old!!!!!

God, no. I'm only 20, I just feel twice that!
  • Options
    Teenagers really do show the worst up about people

there was something on the radio the other week about there being actual chemical deficits in the brains of adolescents that make them think that the world revolves around them and makes their reactions totally inappropriate to the stimulus.
  • Options
    God, no. I'm only 20, I just feel twice that!

With age comes taste...or somethig along those lines!
  • Options
    there was something on the radio the other week about there being actual chemical deficits in the brains of adolescents that make them think that the world revolves around them and makes their reactions totally inappropriate to the stimulus.

:lol:

With age comes taste, aye. Though as my taste is already impeccable, it'll be interesting to see how it can improve...
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2333241.stm

something similar, but this is from a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    Yes, I have a diary, that sometimes, if time permits, I will write in it. Have been writing in a diary since I was abuot 12 and I'm 22 now, so about 10 years now. Not going to post anything because mostly all the diaries and such, that I had when I was younger I no longer have. Only have more of the recent two that I have had since I was about 19. First one is all filled up. Barely started on the second, but anywho, don't wanna show anyhow.

*Stops rambling now*
  • Options
    i've tryed many times over the years to keep a diary, and haven't been able to. until i got my LJ :)

though i only seem to get obscene messeges on it now. so i might have to stop anon posting. though they do make me laugh.
  • Options
    I've had a diary for about 3 years. Its not a diary as in "today i did this " more of a ranty emotions venty thing. As said before "i hate the world and the world hates me" stage
  • Options
    at that age i was everything i hate about people.

you were ginger?! :eek:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I used to keep one for 3 years, but I didn't regularly write except for a hard month or so. I wrote mostly about things I considered really important for me. At some point, I just didn't feel like writing anymore, but I've kept it as a "notalgia piece".
  • Options
    i started one when i was 11, and got through 25 books, totally full and hand written before i discovered live lournal and now i write in there most days and have done since april last year :)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Hm, I had considered starting an online journal, or just typing my normal one in the computer, but it never had the same feel as writing it by hand in a book that you can open and close.
  • Options
    I kept a diary when I was 10 or something untill I was about 13, don't have one now though because I would feel a little stupid especially when you look back at what you have written and it's just rubbish.
  • Options
    I used to keep one, until it got boring. The last time I wrote in it was November. November the 15th. And no, you do not get to know what I wrote in it! My sister used to read it, like the first page, until I caught her. Which was annoying :mad:

I have also let someone read it. Still not quite sure whether that was a mistake or not. Ah well.

Franki
    x
  • Options
    I keep a LJ and i used to keep a diary.

in 1987 i wasnt even born! :p
  • Options
    My sister used to go snooping around looking for my diary.
  • Options
    My life isn't interesting enough to permit me a diary :p But my LJ gets updated sometimes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    in 1987 i wasnt even born! :p

Ah, them were the days:p