Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

finding someone like me...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
k here's the thing...I've been in relatioships before and they were all ok but nothing more. we were just different people I guess. I really want a relationship that is more than just ok. I want someone I can give all my love to and feel completely comfortable with. Let's just say that my way of thinking and ideas about things are quite different than those of people i hang out with. I just wish i could find someone who won't be conformist and a couch potato and bore me to tears and also someone who is able to have an intelligent conversation and won't be a two timer. I met a lot of guys that seemed perfect for me but they lived too far away. I don't believe long distance relationships and actual relationships. I want to be able to do stuff together and of course make out lol. kind of hard to have a relationship with someone you've never actually met. Should I give this whole long distance thing a try? should I try to find someone like me where I live? how??????? Arg!!! I haven't had a relationship for a while...

Comments

• Options
    OMG. You sound like me. :eek2: lol.

Therefore, I cannot help you :lol:

Ilora x
  • Options
    if you go looking you won't find them. That's how i found my sweetie *wishes she could snuggle up to him*

edited due to bad spelling
  • Options
    Originally posted by luby
    if you go looking you won't find them. That's how i found my sweetie

...exactly!
    but for starters you could go and do something you'd never thought of actually doing... e.g. dancing lessons, sky diving, team sports, social voluntary work, board game nights in local pubs or reading a book (just kidding ;) )

this way you might meet some new people that probably are completely different from those you hang out with atm!
    they still might not be like you but maybe you'll find a proper "match" for you (not a "copy", which imo is quite boring after a while).

good hunting! :cool:

[EDIT] spelling spelling spelling [/EDIT]
  • Options
    It is so true.Stop wanting and looking.Just enjoy life on your own without thinking about it.If you see a good looking lad who is interested then do what you want to do but don't expect anything.Just keep having fun and before you know it you will be comfortable and have strong feelings for someone.It happens without you realising.I am talking from experience.It is true.
    I think the reason why it happens like that is because when you are looking you have expectations and are more picky.
    But when you don't think about you have more fun with different people and thats how you find it.
  • Options
    oh and wouldnt look for a long distance thing specifically - if u do actually find someone you'll waste all your energy missing them
  • Options
    Re: finding someone like me...
    Originally posted by hey_ho_lets_go6
    Let's just say that my way of thinking and ideas about things are quite different than those of people i hang out with. I just wish i could find someone who won't be conformist and a couch potato and bore me to tears and also someone who is able to have an intelligent conversation and won't be a two timer.

at the end of the day, being an individual is what makes you youself, so you wont find somebody who agrees with everything you believe/feel. but there are people out there who are like u describe, but they are so hard to find - especially if you go looking for them! :)
  • Options
    There is no formula for finding a certain sort of person. You can't say that you will only meet faithful people at one kind of place and if you meet a nice guy in a bar or something he is going to cheat.