Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Long Distance Relationship worry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My B/F goes away to the army in sept, and i won't c him for the first 3 months, which i know is goin to b very hard seens we c each other every day just now.

How do u cope, i miss him when he's away for 10mins let alone 3months!!

Has any1 out there been there??

Help!!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    Re: Long Distance Relationship worry
    Originally posted by Pink_babe
    My B/F goes away to the army in sept, and i won't c him for the first 3 months, which i know is goin to b very hard seens we c each other every day just now.

How do u cope, i miss him when he's away for 10mins let alone 3months!!

Has any1 out there been there??

Help!!:rolleyes:

Well I'm in a LDR atm it's hard but you fget use to it, when you see each other it's more special (so I've heard) i've never met my gf in person but I know it'll be extra special when we do:)

Just hang in there luv,
  • Options
    when I went to the States for 3 months at the end of 2002 it was exactly the same for me & my g/f. over there I could just write her (e)mail occasionally, nothing else (except for 2, short & expensive ponecalls).
    that totally sucked. for her more than for me though since I was with new people in a new environment, etc. but for her everything stayed the same except for me not being there.

but in the end those 3 months went past quicker than we thought! :)

and now we're in a LDR again since last september when I went to uni. we see each other every 3-4 weeks in person and every couple of days via webcam. so like this it's no problem at all, especially because she's gonna come study here in july/august as well :)
    we're not moving in together though (which is good imo).

I guess it depends on how the LDR is like, if it's a long time (half a year plus) without much contact at all it'll probably be hard to keep it up, but if you can phone & see each other frequently it can surely last quite long.

so in your case I think you should be doing fine if it's "just" a couple of months with phones & letters!
    and make sure to excange lots of photos of your activites whilst in the LDR! helped me & my g/f during my time in the states!

best wishes!
    FLX

[EDIT] and what I totally forgot about:
    if it's not possible to talk to each other on the phone get yourselves a voice recorder (those things with the small tapes) and record a couple of minutes every day. then, when the tape's full mail it to your partner together with some photos and candy ;)
    [/EDIT]
  • Options
    im also in a LDR and its really hard even tho i will c him again in 9 days - he only left me 2 hours ago - im lost without him he is defo the one and i cant wait to be with him and just hold him i would do anything for him and i no he would do the same for me.

it gets harder as the time passes but i no that he will always be there if i need him - online on the phone etc.. but just having him here with me the last week has been great just dont no wot im going to do when it hits me that he wont be there to hold me till i fall asleep tonight and for the next 9 days and to wake up alone :crying: :crying: :crying:
  • Options
    Thanks

Thanx for the advice, it helps to get others views on it, cause my views are negative at times :confused:

x x x x thanks x x x x:blush:
  • Options
    if anyone wants to talk im here
    i do understand :)
  • Options
    Aw...

Aw... poor u, only 2hrs, how r u coping, u must be goin crazy!?

Where has he gone? :(

I really don't how i'll cope when he goes away, i start my degree at the same time he goes away, am so scared i mess everythin up! He'l be back most weekends after his basic training, but it's not the same!! I need hime here not miles away!!
    :(
  • Options
    if your starting uni then you wont have time to miss him...i thought id miss my mates who i saw everyday at school but i didnt...im lucky if i see one of my mates every few months and rarely talk to her...and we've always been really close and spoken everyday....i know its not quite the same but you will get used to it hun...good luck
  • Options
    I was in a long distance rel for about a year and I hated it! We were together for 2 years before that but being about 3hrs away and only seeing each other every 2 weeks or so was crap and that's mainly what caused us to split up. Not what you want to hear I know, but you need to be realistic - it's bloody hard and not fun at all.
  • Options
    it's hard as hell having a LDR, but if you're determined too an have a strong enough relationship it can work and survive. my last gf lived over on west coast usa and i'm a london lad, only a couple of thousand miles distance!

even though only got to see her every 3 months or so, it was worth it for when i did get to see her. then ti all kinda turned a bit tits up cos of jealousy issues but as long as you can actually trust each other then i say it can work.

as for me, i think i'll stick to women on the same continent from now on for starters :p