Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Paranoia..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been getting very very parnoid lately.. about alot of things relationships, friends, school and peoples reactions..

I can't take this paranoia anymore I need it to stop :crying: it's doing my head in so what can I do to help stop or calm this down..

It's fucking my head in and I can't take it. I'm falling apart..I feel I am..

Comments

• Options
    Hiya
    Paranoia is a nasty thing, so *big hugs* to you. Do you smoke pot? Paranoia is one of the biggest negative side-effects that you can experience from marijuana, so if you do, cutting that out would be a helpful first step.
    Obviously, that's not the only cause, though. Mind have an excellent factsheet on paranoia that will help you understand what it is, what may cause it and the treatments available. Read it here - I hope it helps.
    :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by spanner
    Hiya
    Paranoia is a nasty thing, so *big hugs* to you. Do you smoke pot? Paranoia is one of the biggest negative side-effects that you can experience from marijuana, so if you do, cutting that out would be a helpful first step.

I hate illegal drugs:yuck:

and thanks for the site hannah I'll look at home when I have more time:) thank you.
  • Options
    i get really paranoid and really serious bouts of it...but i dunno why people dont get many replies on it....i got one reply which didnt help much but poke me on msn if ya need to talk love
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    i get really paranoid and really serious bouts of it...but i dunno why people dont get many replies on it....i got one reply which didnt help much but poke me on msn if ya need to talk love

thanks hun *hugs*
  • Options
    Excessive paranoia isn't a sign of good mental health really.

Try and see you GP about it or even get him/her to refer to the mental health department at your local hospital.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    Excessive paranoia isn't a sign of good mental health really.

Try and see you GP about it or even get him/her to refer to the mental health department at your local hospital.

I've currently got a councillor been disagnosed with
    • clinical depression
    • anger management problem
    • and now I think I got paranoia
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    I've currently got a councillor been disagnosed with

• clinical depression
    • anger management problem
    • and now I think I got paranoia

It's not a competition.

And yeah I can definitely relate to the paranoia; when it feels like every set of eyes is watching your every movement waiting for you to mess up and laugh at your expense.

It's weird how people say that illegal drugs cause paranoia which is undoubtably true but since in the main I have stopped using them, it feels like the paranoia has gotten worse. The only time I ever really used to get paranoid when I was using more frequent was during the comedown period.

What I find helps, just remind yourself that that's all it is - paranoia, and really, that you're not that special for everyone to be watching you. Gets me by. Also, I only really get bad paranoia when I'm in an environment I'm not familiar with so if it gets really bad try to stay away from tricky situations.

You said you had a councillor, your best bet is to talk to them.
  • Options
    Not sure if I will be of much help, but I also deal, a lot, with paranoia and it does really seem to fuck with your head, but what I mostly do is just block it out by listening to music or just push it out of my head or to the back of my mind and just think of other things to block it out. Hope that helped, some, but probably didn't.
  • Options
    hi honey, now you may not think this but i have been through this and i had an awful time. during the summer hols i was so paranoid that i wouldn't leave my house unless i was wearing a hat or something so that people couldn't see my face. i thought that everybody in town was laughing at me and talking about me and i hated it so much. the only time i would take my hat off was when i went to my brothers in Tiptree. all i did in the holidays was sit in a chair in my front room watching lord of the rings back to back, i didn't go out on my own or walk anywhere because i was sure that there were people trying to kill me!!!!! but look at me now. i'm basically fine thanks to councelling and realising that the world wasn't against me. i know it's hard, it was for me anyway, but i know you and i'm sure you will get through it, it may not seem like it now but you will. plus if you ever need to talk, no matter how weird you may think the problem is, you know i'm here for you and here to help you ok.:)

sometimes i still get the feeling people are talking about me or people are in my house, stuff like that but now i just try to ignore it, thats part of the reason i went on the pills.

but seriously graeme, i'm your friend and i will try to help if you let me:)

love ya honey:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by X~maid~mary~X
    hi honey, now you may not think this but i have been through this and i had an awful time. during the summer hols i was so paranoid that i wouldn't leave my house unless i was wearing a hat or something so that people couldn't see my face. i thought that everybody in town was laughing at me and talking about me and i hated it so much. the only time i would take my hat off was when i went to my brothers in Tiptree. all i did in the holidays was sit in a chair in my front room watching lord of the rings back to back, i didn't go out on my own or walk anywhere because i was sure that there were people trying to kill me!!!!! but look at me now. i'm basically fine thanks to councelling and realising that the world wasn't against me. i know it's hard, it was for me anyway, but i know you and i'm sure you will get through it, it may not seem like it now but you will. plus if you ever need to talk, no matter how weird you may think the problem is, you know i'm here for you and here to help you ok.:)

sometimes i still get the feeling people are talking about me or people are in my house, stuff like that but now i just try to ignore it, thats part of the reason i went on the pills.

but seriously graeme, i'm your friend and i will try to help if you let me:)

love ya honey:p

Thanks honney...

and you FINE? your dating my bro.. you can't be fine.. :p insane maybe :p

Joking hunni

*hugs* thank you hun your a great friend :)

love ya 2.. i..suppose.. :p