Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i want to....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i really want to be having my boyfriends baby - we want that more than anything BUT im really scared that i wont be able to have kids - we have been trying for a few months and i havent been on the pill since the summer and we make love more when im furtile but im so scared that my dream of having a family will be ruined if i cant have kids. i know im young but im ready to settle down with my boyfriend.

what shull i do? im to scared yto go to the doctors incase they confirm my fears :(

Comments

• Options
    Firstly may I ask how old you are and how long you have ben with your boyfriend?
    i do think you should got o the doctors if you are concerned, you are better off knowing.
    Best of luck though, make sure it's what you want.
  • Options
    according to her profile she is 19.

lets face it you won't know until u visit a doctor but i don't think you'll be testied unless you've been tryin for a year

never can understand why people want to settle down so early, even if u know you've got the right one, there is so much time. Never mind, good luck to you - hope everything turns out alright
  • Options
    im 19 and he is 22

its what we both want

im due on next week but not sure if i can cope if i come on again :(
  • Options
    well, to me it seems you have to get tested if its causing you emotional distress, its better to know.............. and is amazing what they can do these days
  • Options
    i would like to know tho...

is anyone on here had/is trying for a baby?
  • Options
    It's really really hard to get pregnant! There are only about three days in your monthly cycle that it might happen.
    If you've been on the pill this may have an effect (for a few months) on your fertility.
    What you have to remember is stress can mess up your cycle. A few months of unsuccessful trying doesn't mean you are infertile.

A friend of mine tried for 2 years and just as she was about to consider fertility treatment she became pregnant naturally. It can just happen like that! She's now into her second pregnancy.

And...if you are having problems with your fertility at least you are young and you have time to explore other options including fertility treatment.

By the way - why are you beating yourself up about this so much? IF there is a fertility problem it could lie with your partner.
    How regular are your periods? Do you know your cycle well? Are you having plenty of sex the three days before and after your most fertile period - it's unlikely to work if you are doing it just on the day you think you are fertile, specially if you aren't really regular.
  • Options
    It's really really hard to get pregnant!
    As with everything, things seem to work against you. It's really hard to get pregnant if you actually want a baby, then when you don't, it's easier to get pregnant. If you want a bf/gf, you get no-one, and when you're not looking and don't want one, they all come along. :o
  • Options
    For some reason i was always sure that i'd have problems having kids. No reason for it i just had this feeling deep down inside that something was wrong, I'd had unprotected sex, hadn't got pregnant so assumed something was wrong with me.

Then i got a new bf and feel pregnant by complete accident, using condoms and the pill. Life is strange like tha, pregnancy just seems to happen sometimes, no matter how careful you are and not at all at other times. My babys due on the 1st of july.

My friend has a 3 yr old daughter but her and her husband have been trying for another for a year with no joy. They know they can do it but it just doesn't wanna happen yet if that makes sense.

I see it as something that only happens when lots of things accumulate together to make a baby. A strange view i know!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *~HaYzIeBaYbE~*
    im 19 and he is 22

its what we both want

im due on next week but not sure if i can cope if i come on again :(

Do you live together ?
    Why do you want a baby so much ?
    Is he in a stable job ?

Im curious as to why you so desperately want a baby also are you settled together, with your own place.
  • Options
    Originally posted by hotphoenix
    For some reason i was always sure that i'd have problems having kids. No reason for it i just had this feeling deep down inside that something was wrong, I'd had unprotected sex, hadn't got pregnant so assumed something was wrong with me.

i'm the same. i've had a few accidents in my time, and always avoided getting pregnant. which is a good thing, but it just makes me a bit scared.

also because i had an eating disorder, although the doctors have said because i was on the pill the whole time, it's likely my eggs were protected, it makes me worry.

but yeah, getting pregnant isn't always something that happens overnight. i read somewhere that for an average, healthy couple, there's a 1 in 4 chance of getting pregnant naturally for every cycle. so you could, theoretically, go years without getting pregnant, although it's likely it'll happen within a year.

the fact that you're so desperate for it to happen straight away worries me though, especially considering your age. parenthood is not something to rush blindly into. take your time.
  • Options
    A lot of married couples have to try for months and months and months before conceiving. They have to go through ovulation charts. It's simply because men aren't as fertile as they were before. I think it's been proven sperm count has decreased and will continue to do so if diet and environment doesn't improve.

But most couples are eventually successful. If no joy after say 6 months, see your G.P. he'll give you some charts and things to help you along. Usually if you still haven't conceived after 18 months he might ask you if you want to go down the IVF route.

Try things like making him take cold baths, drinking more tea, wearing boxers instead of briefs. Old wives tales but they may work. There are some websites that may help. I can't think of any URLs off the top of my head, Google will probably be best.

And lastly as the others have said, make sure you are truly prepared for a baby. I haven't had one yet but I know they are hard work from friends.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    It's really really hard to get pregnant! There are only about
    By the way - why are you beating yourself up about this so much? IF there is a fertility problem it could lie with your partner.
    How regular are your periods? Do you know your cycle well? Are you having plenty of sex the three days before and after your most fertile period - it's unlikely to work if you are doing it just on the day you think you are fertile, specially if you aren't really regular.

i am regular and no my cycle well and we do sleep 2gether before during and after my most fertile period.
    i no that if there is a problem then there is a chance that it is him not me but i just feel as if my body doesnt want me to have a baby

:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by hotphoenix

My babys due on the 1st of july.

[/B]

congradulatons on the pregancy hope all goes well :)

how you said you felt is how i feel right now :(
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya,
    I'm gonna close this as there's the same thread in health and spanner has put in some useful information there.

CB
This discussion has been closed.