Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Implant

Im going to go on the implant becuaseim so crap at taking my pills. I dont want the injection cause i hate needles and i dnt htink i could cope with haveing to do it every month. Once it fine but every month would do my head in.
Can anyone give me some more info on it please.
Thanks.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The injection is every 3 months isnt it :confused:

My mate went on the implant and all i know about it is it can cause your periods to fuck up loads, she came off it cos she constantly bled for a few months.
  • Options
    the implant scares me :nervous:

i just think touching it under my skin would be horrid :eek2:

sorry..that was no help. There is a page about it on theSITE though... :)
  • Options
    I'm thinking about the same thing at the moment Zella, cos I have the worst memory when it comes to taking the pills. I'm thinking about the injection, and it is every 3 months, but everyone says you get bad side effects so that's putting me off! I don't think I could have the implant though :eek2:
  • Options
    Here's TheSite's factsheet about implants.
    Make sure you discuss all the issues you are concerned about with your GP prior to having it so that you are sure it is the right method of contraception for you.
    :)
  • Options
    The implant....can you just get it taken out if you want before that 3 years is up?