Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help needed - more than friends?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi.
I need some advice, opinions on the situation I'm in. Thanks.

Ok,
I've been friends with this girl for about a year and a half-2 years.
We've always got on really well.

After about 6months I told her that I really liked her and she said she had been feeling the same way, but didn't know what she wanted to do.
I told her to take her time deciding.
A month or so later she said she just wanted to be friends.

Since then we've become even better friends in my opinion.
we know each other much better and see each other a lot.

Recently though I get the feeling she might be interested again.
We've been seeing much more of each other lately.
Also she invited me to go to a concert with her because "they could only buy tickets in 3's"
I thought that sounded a bit weird.
There have been lots of other little things which made me think, but I can't really mention them all.

I really like this girl and want to talk to her about it,
what do you guys think of the situation, whats your advice?

Also, I do get on with her best friend really well,
would it be an idea just to ask her if she knew anything?
I don't know.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I don't see a problem. Can you forget about pride and ask her out?

If she's your friend she may say no but she won't hold it against you.
  • Options
    Steer clear

hi

i have been in the exact same situation, it only ends up as if you stay mates you are great and everything is fine, but when you cross that barrier of changing from mates there is no turning back, if you dont feel the same way after giving it that go you will hardly ever talk properly again.

now i knoe exactly what your thinking now, and it will be

But What If :confused:

and there is a small posiblity of you people hitting it off, but in the long run i say stay good mates.

Also dont ask her friend, girls say everything to their friends, the girl you like would find out and then ask why are you asking my friend instead of me, or why are you enquiring about that, then yet again there is no turning back.

gudluk, and it is your final choice :eek2:

andy
  • Options
    Re: Steer clear
    Originally posted by andyashbrook
    but when you cross that barrier of changing from mates there is no turning back, if you dont feel the same way after giving it that go you will hardly ever talk properly again.

thats a stupid thing to say, sorry to say that but its true. my friend and i were in the same situation as this, he liked me, i thought i felt the same, we gave it a go but i just didnt feel the way he did. we talked about it and we are better friends than ever.

i say go for it, if you're as good friends as you say, then you'll be fine even if she does say no.

oh and :wave: im from hertfordshire to :D
  • Options
    Fundamentally, only you know whether your friendship will survive should all not go as planned. I've been in a both situations .... one friendship died a death and the other is much stronger because of the fact we made a go of things and failed ... although it did take us a while to get things back on track.

I must ask the question though, are you only friends with this girl in the hope that one day she will want more?
  • Options
    Go for your gut feelings.When you have an instinct you need to go with it other wise you will regret it.What's the worst that can happen.You've spoke about it before.You are friends and you need to talk about these things.Ask her.Open up.I think the only issue here is fear that you may lose each but it if you don't let it.
    If she doesn't have feelings for you then carry on being friends and respect her.If feelings are mutual,go for it.Why worry about something that hasn't happened and may never happen.But also bear in mind it may take a bit of getting used.