Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do you have to 'get on' with siblings???!

My brother is a complete pussy who cannot deal with the realities of life! He never takes any respsonsiblity for what he does and cannot accept things beyond his control! He's five years older than me, but he KNOWS I could kick his arse at will!!!

I hate him.

Comments

• Options
    You don't have to get on with him but the majority of people will find they have an easier life without conflict.

Are there any specific examples to illustrate and justify your whining?
  • Options
    My life is easier without HIM in my life!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    My life is easier without HIM in my life!!!

Then move out and see him less?
  • Options
    He doesn't with us all the time!

When he does come home, I don't speak to him!!
  • Options
    My brother and I aren't the same person, we see the world from a completely different perspective... I respect that.

Siblings don't always get on, but at the end of the day you can't choose your family.
  • Options
    Youre expected to get on, because it makes life so much nicer for the whole family.

Its like having parents who fight and argue and bicker constantly, its not a nice atmosphere to live in, so for parents and siblings seeing other siblings at each others throats is equally nasty.

My sister and i used to dispise each other, would argue over everything, never said anything nice to each other, i thought so many bad things of her and we fought constantly, im talking hospital visits, hair ripped out, blood, scars chasing each other round with knives :(....

Then one day we were forced to get along (she started going out with my fellas mate) and i dont know, she is stil selfish and stroppy and obnoxious but we do get on, we have a laugh together and i do love her.

When youre both older, and when you both rarely see each other, you will get on much much more.
  • Options
    I've posted a few times about an illness I have and to a certain extent I blame him for me being unwell.

I don't think I can forgive for that.
  • Options
    How can your illness be his fault? (sorry ive not seen said posts)