Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

just need a lil advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not a life threatening problem but just looking for a bit of friendly advice...
I was seeing a certain lad for 4 months and we split in february this year on good terms. I split with him cos he didn't make enough effort to come and see me, take me out ect. I made all the effort for him instead (made me feel that I was being used). He decided that he needed to be single for a while and have a bit of fun.

He did text me about a month ago telling me that he missed me and would I go round but I told him no cos I thought he'd just use me and loose me again. Since then we've talked on the phone and he asked what I'd say if he asked me out properly (we were only ever seeing each other...not going out as gf and bf) but again I didn't want to give him an answer as I thought he just wanted a quick shag or something.

I saw him out clubbin over the weekend for the first time since we broke up and he was looking good lol. Anyway I danced with his friends and he wouldn't come and dance, he just didn't talk to me. Since then he's admitted that he was jealous and he wants to see me. He wants me to go round to his but again I think I'll be used...me going there would mean me making the effort to see him and not the other way around (we live quite a few miles apart). I do have feelings for him but I don't want to be used or hurt again.

Is he worth another chance? He says he'll change and make more effort but how do I know if he's learnt his lesson and is going to change? Should I hold out and wait for him to make the effort to come over here? Am I just setting myself up to be knocked back down again? Questions...questions...

I just need an opinion on whether he's worth another try or not
Thanx in advance

Comments

• Options
    I think you already know the answer, and I don't think you think that he is worth another chance. You expect him to do it again, and if you expect it then there's no point trying because you'll always be jealous.

Move on and tell him to.
  • Options
    I can understand his perspective - many of us have been there - and yours. If I was him I'd be quietly hopeful of getting another chance but if I was you I wouldn't give him one.
  • Options
    i think you need to do something

i feel that you have a good swing on things but you need to make it known that if he wants you and you want him, that both of you have gotta put equal effort in, no 6 of one and 2 of the other, both of you should meet half way and talk about what both of you feel because without you and him talking properly no one knows exactly what each other is thinking. meet him in a pub equal distance from each others house and just have a friendly chat about your feelings.

thats my idea and that is coming from a lad..

gudluk

Andy x