Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

who's winning?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...and what will the outcome be ...in this war of the rich north versus the poor south?
is osama's message of terror and fear winning?
what happens as the atrocities get ever bigger and ever closer to home.
what new modes of attack will come?
how are you going to cope with it?

if they staRT attacking roads how unsafe are you going to feel?
if a suicide bomber drives into a chemical or petrol tanker on the m25 causing hundreds of deaths and lots of chaos and confusion ...and the next day the centre of london is in flames with another similar attack ...will you just continue as normal?

Comments

• Options
    It's all a mind game, this fear, trying to scare people.

I just hope we don't end up like America.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    It's all a mind game, this fear, trying to scare people.

I just hope we don't end up like America.
    of course it's all a mind game ...thats why it's called TERROR ...ism.
    the yanks have a big advantage ...they are a million miles away so if realy necessary they could isolte themselves from the world ...taking over south america will give them all they need.
    we on the other hand are near nieghbours of the middle east ...with large established muslim comunities already living and working with us.
    there realy is a deadly enemy living within our city walls.
    the fear factor WILL be turned up notch by notch ...the muslim people who have no truck with this war against the west ...WILL become targets of hatred from more and more people ...just what alquida loves ...
  • Options
    Your starting to sound like the game.
  • Options
    Re: who's winning?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    ...and what will the outcome be ...in this war of the rich north versus the poor south?
    is osama's message of terror and fear winning?
    what happens as the atrocities get ever bigger and ever closer to home.
    what new modes of attack will come?
    how are you going to cope with it?

if a suicide bomber drives into a chemical or petrol tanker on the m25 causing hundreds of deaths and lots of chaos and confusion ...and the next day the centre of london is in flames with another similar attack ...will you just continue as normal?

If they start to seriously attack our countries I can only forsee the Middle East vanishing into nuclear fire.
    I believe what is happening now is the beginning of world war 3. Rich versus Poor.
    Yes we'll win, we have the troops, the weaponry and the technology, we can send wave after wave of bombers, battalions of tanks, and nuclear missiles.
    One of our tanks can stand off against ten of theirs and still come back. one of our jets can easily overwhelm 4, or even 5 of theirs.

But at what price? We will see our civilians attacked and killed in their beds, cities like London, Birmingham, Nottingham, Leeds, every major city will become a target.

Will it end? Only when the Middle East has been turned to glassy rubble, a few million, possibly even billion dead.
  • Options
    MR, given the history of misinformation surrounding agendas of war (which only truly serve the power and financial interests of our multinational arms manufacturers), do you really believe that Al Qaida is this monstrously prolific enityt capable of touching anyone anywhere? Get real.

First they were a ragtag bunch hiding in caves in Afghanistan and within a year they rival the former USSR in scope of threat.

Meanwhile agencies which have long held a prolific global presence and which have lengthy rosters of covert atrocities, assassinations, bombings, contrived newsmaking, and other subversive machinations (CIA, Mossad, etc) remain largely undiscussed.

Start examining who is truly profiting the most from all this turmoil, which countries precisely these bombings are occurring in (and what the positions of those countries were/are regarding the PNAC doctrine and agenda) and perhaps youll realise just how bogus a boogeyman Al Qaeda really is.

Just goes to show the poignancy of the old addage "A lie told often enough eventually becomes the truth" and again "the truth itself is often stranger than fiction".
  • Options
    Re: Re: who's winning?
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    If they start to seriously attack our countries I can only forsee the Middle East vanishing into nuclear fire.
    I believe what is happening now is the beginning of world war 3. Rich versus Poor.
    Yes we'll win, we have the troops, the weaponry and the technology, we can send wave after wave of bombers, battalions of tanks, and nuclear missiles.
    One of our tanks can stand off against ten of theirs and still come back. one of our jets can easily overwhelm 4, or even 5 of theirs.

But at what price? We will see our civilians attacked and killed in their beds, cities like London, Birmingham, Nottingham, Leeds, every major city will become a target.

Will it end? Only when the Middle East has been turned to glassy rubble, a few million, possibly even billion dead.

So did the Americans in Vietnam as you keeping telling Globe ;)
  • Options
    The so-called 'war on terror' is not a war in any sense and cannot be fought like one.

Terrorists don't have tanks or missiles or jet fighters, or even an army to destroy. Thus the best technology money can buy- stealth fighters, GPS guided cruised missiles, sixth generation tanks, etc etc- are utterly useless to this effect.

I am afraid this will take a lot of police work coupled with tackling the causes of terrorism as well. No terrorist group has ever been defeated by force alone, and I can't see such thing happening ever.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    MR, given the history of misinformation surrounding agendas of war (which only truly serve the power and financial interests of our multinational arms manufacturers), do you really believe that Al Qaida is this monstrously prolific enityt capable of touching anyone anywhere? Get real.

First they were a ragtag bunch hiding in caves in Afghanistan and within a year they rival the former USSR in scope of threat.

Meanwhile agencies which have long held a prolific global presence and which have lengthy rosters of covert atrocities, assassinations, bombings, contrived newsmaking, and other subversive machinations (CIA, Mossad, etc) remain largely undiscussed.

Start examining who is truly profiting the most from all this turmoil, which countries precisely these bombings are occurring in (and what the positions of those countries were/are regarding the PNAC doctrine and agenda) and perhaps youll realise just how bogus a boogeyman Al Qaeda really is.

Just goes to show the poignancy of the old addage "A lie told often enough eventually becomes the truth" and again "the truth itself is often stranger than fiction".
    oh come on clan ...despite the lies and crimes of our side we know that alqueda exist and are active. but it isn't one unit ...there are a growing number of people embracing this extreme islamic stuff. most of them will never have met or even been heard of by each other ...there are a thousand splinter groups forming, especialy since we invaded iraq.
    the threat is very real and will grow alarmingly.
    i accept that the war on terror has been a front mostly but ...if we had chased the taliban and alqueda all the way into pakistan we could have probably destroyed the heart of this thing or at least delayed what seems inevitable but no ...we have to invade a country that had nothing to do with any of this ...ok i'm rambling now ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    The so-called 'war on terror' is not a war in any sense and cannot be fought like one.

Terrorists don't have tanks or missiles or jet fighters, or even an army to destroy. Thus the best technology money can buy- stealth fighters, GPS guided cruised missiles, sixth generation tanks, etc etc- are utterly useless to this effect.

I am afraid this will take a lot of police work coupled with tackling the causes of terrorism as well. No terrorist group has ever been defeated by force alone, and I can't see such thing happening ever.

What I'm saying is that all it takes is for a suitcase nuke to go off in London for us to retaliate by nuking the entire Middle East. Like a tumour, cut off the limb so the rest survives....so to speak.

I understand what you're saying though, this isn't a war we can win with conventional techniques, unless it really does hit the fan and we use the ultimate decider.
  • Options
    Why would anyone want to nuke the entire Middle East? Even if someone were as stupid as to decide to nuke a whole country because of the actions of a terrorist group that have operatives there would it justify destroying another 15 countries? And that would include Israel, which I presumed would be none too pleased about being obliterated and might launch a few nukes of its own back.

The scariest part is that if a nutter detonated a nuclear bomb in London or the US there is not a lot anyone could do... Al Qaida is a network of groups and cells found across half the world- including Western countries- and destroying entire countries and everyone in them wouldn't get rid of the terrorists.
  • Options
    This isn't a war on terrorism, this is a campaign against those who attacked America, American interests and allies. A small fraction of worldwide terrorists.

Just think of what all the other groups could get away with by playing the Al-Quaeda card.

What's being done about them?

It's like the WWII allies using most of it's resources attacking Mussolini's Italy while ignoring Hitler's Germany, it's protectorates and Imperial Japan.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Why would anyone want to nuke the entire Middle East? Even if someone were as stupid as to decide to nuke a whole country because of the actions of a terrorist group that have operatives there would it justify destroying another 15 countries? And that would include Israel, which I presumed would be none too pleased about being obliterated and might launch a few nukes of its own back.

The scariest part is that if a nutter detonated a nuclear bomb in London or the US there is not a lot anyone could do... Al Qaida is a network of groups and cells found across half the world- including Western countries- and destroying entire countries and everyone in them wouldn't get rid of the terrorists.

A nuke going off in london would touch off world war 3. Why would we attack the Middle East? Because it's the logical target, yes there may be cells scattered across the world, BUT their money comes from companies and individuals in the Middle East. The middle east is the physical base for a huge number of the terrorists, and is also home to future terrorists.
  • Options
    and is also home to future terrorists

No, that would be the School of the Americas in Georgia, where many fine dictators, brutal insurgents and terrorists have received the finest training the US Army can provide. Of course graduates aren't really "terrorists" in the eyes of Washington unless they stop doing our bidding.
  • Options
    Can we forget about America for the time being?
    I'm more concerned about the mess they made and how we dig ourselves out of it.

TBH I couldn't care less if America dissapeared into a mushroom cloud for all the trouble they've brought on our heads.

I'm well aware that Bush is going to hang onto power by any means available, I'm surprised he hasn't made elections illegal yet.
  • Options
    You can't discuss "terrorism" in some vacuum divorced from the nation that brought you the "war on terrorism", the historical contextualisation which might assist in exposing the fraud behind that war and the undoubtedly countless numbers of people who have been and will yet be branded as terrorists (when in fact they may well be legitimate dissidents in otherwise highly brutally repressive US "friendly" countries (i.e. Pakistan, Afghanistan, Indonesia, etc.).

Remember that the media is working overtime to tar all those who "unnamed officials" declare as being enemies with the same brush, without any legitimate investigative scrutiny as to what each situation entails.

This is merely the latest manifestation of the same sort of ongoing paranoia which was brought to you in the form of the USSR previously. This time round it's even better for those raking in the bucks because you can't pinpoint nor quantify shadowy "terrorists" as you can nation states. Thus the intention is perpetual war, perpetual victimisation and suppression of any who dare fight back against our desired conquests and political co-option and perpetual bedgetary allocations for new and exciting inventions of surveillance and destruction.

Nevermind if those whom the media says are terrorists are merely those fighting to defend their land and their tribal way of life, the media doesn't mention any of that so it must not be true.
  • Options
    Re: who's winning?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    if a suicide bomber drives into a chemical or petrol tanker on the m25 causing hundreds of deaths and lots of chaos and confusion ...

Wouldn't need to be a chemical attack to cause death...

Arrange "accidents" at certain entry/exit points throughout our traffic system and the country would clog up. No ambulances, no police, no fuel to electricity generators...

Nightmare.
  • Options
    Re: Re: who's winning?
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Wouldn't need to be a chemical attack to cause death...

Arrange "accidents" at certain entry/exit points throughout our traffic system and the country would clog up. No ambulances, no police, no fuel to electricity generators...

Nightmare.
    but MOK ...it's going to happen by the looks of things and from what i understand our emergency services won't be able to cope at all. let alone blocking the traffic!
    it must be worrying for people living in large population centres. i feel relieved that i live in the middle of nowhere and don't have to travel underground everyday and along busy motorways. i hate big cities anyway and especialy the underground ...some kind of entertaining nightmare but ...a lot of you have to do it daily. can't be good.