Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

More about prom dresses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have looked at the sites and shops that people have mentioned, but I have a twist to the dilemma(!). Basically, I could do with a long-sleeved prom dress because I have some scars I don't to be seen. I just won't feel comfortable with my arms on display. However, the catch is that it is in June so they have to be loose or net or something so I don't fry!

Thanks in advance everyone...

Picc.
xxx

Comments

• Options
    i had the same problem last year. i ended up wearin a black corset-style top with a black net short jacket over it. and i got it from john lewis :)
  • Options
    Or try a shawl. Very elegant :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

:yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Pain in the backside though, I've done that before and it gets irritating. A thin / lacy jacket might work, though.. :chin:

Thanks!
  • Options
    i was watching this wedding dress program thing once, and they had this amazing dress on there, and i know it's not quite a wedding, but you could steal the idea.

the main dress was really simple, strapless, slightly flared at the bottom, and then it had like a seperate long sleeved mesh top, that was ruched over the waist bit.

and i know that description sounds kinda crap, but it was really pretty. and because the top was mesh, it'd be airy and kinda sexy, while you're still totally covered up.
  • Options
    Although I admit I have no idea what your scars are like, couldn't you use some sort of make-up or concealer to cover them up? It seems a shame to have to cut out all your wardrobe options.

I also like kaffrin's idea.
  • Options
    Originally posted by whisper
    Although I admit I have no idea what your scars are like, couldn't you use some sort of make-up or concealer to cover them up? It seems a shame to have to cut out all your wardrobe options.

I also like kaffrin's idea.
    No, make-up tends to rub off in my experience and I'd hate to mark my pretty frock (not a good look)! I might be OK without, we'll see...
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    No, make-up tends to rub off in my experience and I'd hate to mark my pretty frock (not a good look)! I might be OK without, we'll see...

You want either Dermablend or Veil. They cover all sorts, even tattoos.

http://www.veilcover.com/index.htm

http://http://www.skinstore.com/store/category.asp?catID=396