Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

scared! pregnancy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi. ive been on the pill since about december and i have been having unprotected sex. but i missed the last weeks worth of pills, and i havent had a period for about 4-5 weeks. now i went to the doctors today to get some more pills, but she gave me a pregnancy test to see whether or not im pregnant! im really scared that the results will be positive. i wouldn't be able to deal with it if i was pregnant. ive got enough problems at the mo as it is...

o god please help! :(

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: scared! pregnancy
    Originally posted by Roses_are_Red
    hi. ive been on the pill since about december and i have been having unprotected sex. but i missed the last weeks worth of pills, and i havent had a period for about 4-5 weeks. now i went to the doctors today to get some more pills, but she gave me a pregnancy test to see whether or not im pregnant! im really scared that the results will be positive. i wouldn't be able to deal with it if i was pregnant. ive got enough problems at the mo as it is...

you need to do the test. asap. you are better off knowing what the deal is rather than jumping to the worst case scenarios. do it now.

good luck :)
  • Options
    Do the test asap or get the results asap, worrying wont do you any good.

Good Luck :) x
  • Options
    You know it's got to be done. If you're in any doubt, have a formal test by a doctor, Good luck, fingers crossed for you.

xxx
  • Options
    you can't do anything till you've taken a test; so take one and then you can take it from there
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya,
    It sounds like your doctor has already given you a pregnancy test and you're waiting for the results - if that isn't the case please do what everyone says and get a test - until you know the situation there's nothing you can do.

If it is the case that you've been tested then please don't panic - even if it comes back positive there are people out there who can help you work out what to do next. Your GP (doctor) will be able to talk you through your options but if you'd like to see a councellor or someone who deals with this sort of thing all the time then you can go to a Brook Centre, or a family planning clinic, there, a counsellor, doctor or nurse will be able to talk you through the options open to you and will be able to support you through the decision making process. Everything you say to them will be completely confidential and they will be non-judgemental.

*Hugs*
    CB
  • Options
    Don't panic......you can cope.

you have options if you are pregnant. How do you feel about a termination or adoption. The hardest time will be betwen finding out and making a decision. Having a child is hard work and if you think its going to be too much for you then you do have other options....if you need to talk PM me, there are lots of us here who have made difficult decisions like this..
  • Options
    Hiya :D

yeah i agree get yourself a pregnancy test, but dont stress out about it ok! i was on the pill for 2years and used to have regular periods but since xmas something wierd has happened and ive not had a period for 3 months, the doctor says this is fine though, although im still worried about it! ive done lots of tests, but i aint pregnant! so dont worry about it ok, just do a test and you'll be fine :D.

love kandy x
  • Options
    Re: scared! pregnancy
    Originally posted by Roses_are_Red

first of all *huggies*, ive just been through something the same because i missed 2 of my pills. i know its scary to do the test, but you are better off knowing for sure. get the test results asap+remember that if the worst happens then there will always be people there for you. BUT, in future uve really gotta try to remember to take your pill. i know ive forgotten mine in the past, but try and make it a habit. 7 pills is alot to miss. good luck. i reckon the doctor's just doing the test to make sure!! :D:D