Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Massages - Any good?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wasn't really sure where to put this, but I guess here is as good a place as any!

Has / Does anyone here had / have a massage in the context of a beauty treatment / stress relief / general pampering? (not medical/phsyio type thing).

I'm thinking of having one (new "beauty salon" attached to my local hairdressers has just opened, so I thought I might give it a try) but I'm just wondering if they were any good for stress relief, relaxation, etc?

Any recommendations or comments, anyone? :)

Comments

• Options
    Id think so. I once had a head massage and it was heaven, I could have just fell asleep there and then as I was that relaxed.
  • Options
    *starts drooling over the thought of a full body massage by a Extremely attractive young lady*

mmmmmmm :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Digital-Emotion
    *starts drooling over the thought of a full body massage by a Extremely attractive young lady*

behave yerself :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    behave yerself :p

i was thinking of you though ;)

:p
  • Options
    Re: Massages - Any good?
    Originally posted by Crystal Tipps
    Any recommendations or comments, anyone? :)

You get these machines from Argos, etc that send electrical pulses through your muscles and I've tried one where there is a Massage setting and it really feels like a Shiatsu massage ... That could be something you could try.
  • Options
    Shiatsu massage....oh the heaven! It's sooo good! So relaxing and really gets rid of tension. It's really quite a hard massage, which I really like, but I guess it's a personal thing. It's not just concerned with gently rubbing the skin, it really gets the muscles, and they do stuff like walk on your back with their hands (so there's loads of weight pushing and stretching your muscles). Give it a go, I know loads of people who love it! Tates xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by Digital-Emotion

Isle of Wight, Beauty School does full body (behave) massages for £8.

Been there, done that. It was heaven.

And yes, they are nearly all young girls. Not sure if that made it any better but I have never been so realxed in my life...
  • Options
    i had a full body ayurvedic massage while i was in india. it was supposed to be some kind of detox thing. i don't really know if it worked, but i did feel all relaxed and generally well for a couple of days after.

plus it was in india, so it cost about £3 for an hour-and-a-half's worth.
  • Options
    massages,

i love massages, ummmmmmmmmm

i would love to massage/get a massage from sooooooooooo many people ;)

lush make lovely massage bars
  • Options
    I like really firm massages (light ones tickle too much :(), like being squeezed real hard. I find they help with stress around me shoulders. And apparently I give good massages to. My friend has trouble with his shoulders and I've helped that a couple of times.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    massages are extremely good in not just a physio sense. they are tension relieving and they actually do work if you are given a decent/proper massage. they are very therapeutic and do help whenever you are stressed or whatever :)
  • Options
    Massages are soo nice... and really relaxing too... Would definitely reccommend having one :D