Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Putin's re-election

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Apparantly George W. has complained that the Russian election was not totally democratic! Ironic coming from him ay? In fact Putin is reported to have replied by making comments about George W's election lol ;)

Comments

• Options
    Putin is a god.
  • Options
    Peter Sissons made a hilarious mistake when reporting Putin's re-election.

" And that was [cant reemeber jounalist name] reporting on Vladamir Putin's reelection in the Soviet capital.....I'm sorry the Russian capital, Moscow. .......Old habits die hard"

well with Russia's electoral processes its no wonder he made that mistake.;) :D
  • Options
    Re: Putin's re-election
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Apparantly George W. has complained that the Russian election was not totally democratic! lol ;)
    i realy did LOL when i heard that on the radio today!
  • Options
    Next we'll have Dubya telling other nations they should treat prisoners well and give them access to lawyers...
  • Options
    He probably will. Did you hear about those russians from guantanamno that were pleadig to the Americans to let them stay there? Poor buggers are gonna be sent to the russian equivilent...
  • Options
    i wuldnt mess with putin. not for the masses of security, just for the fact that he's one hard b*stard!!!

hmm very democratic elections, at least he got most of the vote, even if it was because there was noone else to vote for, for christ sake the communist party's leader came 2nd!
  • Options
    If you'd told maggie in the 80's that a KGB operative would be running Russia in 10 years the poor bitch would have had a heart attack.:D
  • Options
    Why not? Bush Sr. was the director of the CIA before he became Pres, so why should anyone be surprised about a KGB operative as Russian leader?
  • Options
    Prehaps it should be noted that Russia has only been a democracy for just over 10 years. Maybe people are still stuck in the old way for voting for the leader.
  • Options
    Bring back Boris...

boris_yeltsin_russian_elections.jpg

:D
  • Options
    Someone in comparison to whom Dubyah might actually have the opportunity to appear intelligent?
  • Options
    I'm sure Dubya would agree ;)