Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

In pain!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have pulled a muscle in my neck this morning, does anyone know anything that could help the pain? :(

Comments

• Options
    Cold compress usually works :confused: I think. Anyway try to immobilise your neck if possible.

Also some iboprufen wouldn't go amiss :) hope you feel better soon :thumb: I know how much a bad neck can hurt :(
  • Options
    have a good neck massage :p
  • Options
    Ibruprofen will work because of the anti-inflamatory properties of the drug (its a NSAI).

However if you are in serious pain and have pulled a muscle you might want to get down to your doctor. They will probably prescribe something stronger, either Voltarol or Tramadol, both of these are in the same group of drugs but are stronger.

If you dont feel its serious enough to go to the GP though you might want to try Neurofen Max, these are 200mg Ibruprofen and 12.8mg codine per tablet and are pretty effective.
  • Options
    Pain killers, they work the best, ibroprofen is amazin, im on that atm bcos of my knee. Hope you get better soon :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Cold compress usually works :confused: I think. Anyway try to immobilise your neck if possible.

Also some iboprufen wouldn't go amiss :) hope you feel better soon :thumb: I know how much a bad neck can hurt :(

:yes: I agree with everything here, except I heard to use warm compresses or a heating pad or hot water bottle, but other wise, everything else seems to be right.

Hope your neck feels better really soon.
  • Options
    The pain has eased off now, thank god, I used Neurofen which seemed to help, thanks for your suggestion people. :)