Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

advice urgent

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right well on saturday i was smoking some weed 2nd time. well i developed a sore throat except it was only on 1 side, now its still sore and still only the one side but ive developed lumps/spots on my tongue also on the same side as my sore tonsil my tonsil is also swollen the lumps hurt a bit and it hurts if i swallow,
has this got anything to do with me smoking the weed?

Comments

• Options
    Re: advice urgent
    Originally posted by PRETTYgreenEYES
    right well on saturday i was smoking some weed 2nd time. well i developed a sore throat except it was only on 1 side, now its still sore and still only the one side but ive developed lumps/spots on my tongue also on the same side as my sore tonsil my tonsil is also swollen the lumps hurt a bit and it hurts if i swallow,
    has this got anything to do with me smoking the weed?
    sounds to me like an infection of coincidence.
  • Options
    any ideas what kind of infection
  • Options
    sounds like tonsilitis to me...

your tongue going white?!

Whatever it is, it wont be because of the smoking, go to your Docs and get it checked out.
  • Options
    Quite probably you had a small infection there already and the smoking irritated it.

Get yourself to your GP and he/she will probably give you a course of antibiotics.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    The smoke, especially if you are not used to smoking, may have aggravated a slight infection and made it worse. Like Minxy and Mr Roll, I think it is tonsillitis and you should go to the doctors as it won't clear up by itself.....

You could try calling NHS Direct on 0845 4647, at a local call rate.
  • Options
    Ahh, too quick Bong!
  • Options
    And its not even my job!
  • Options
    :p
  • Options
    one other tiny thing i went down on my bf sunday night and he did thebuisness in my mouth. if it isnt tonsilitus could it be anything to do with that
  • Options
    I very much doubt it, although I guess you could have picked up a few bacteria from him.

It wont be the cause as such though, no. Certainly not the fact that he did his 'business' thats actually mildly good for you, it has a few minerals n' such.
  • Options
    good well at least thats stopepd me worrying about that part
  • Options
    I'm sure your boyfreind will be happy to hear it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    it has a few minerals n' such.

Blokes love to try that line.... As if its because they really care about your health!!! :p
  • Options
    Oh, of course, its in the main just a stupid line which no woman should ever fall for. But, it does have a very minor amount of bits and bobs in.

Although actually I have read serious research suggesting that not using a condom, ie; a woman getting a regular supply of sperm can improve mood, above and beyond the mood increase of just sex.

However of course there are the serious health and pregnancy risks that go along with that.

Minxy; Did you get my PM? Are you just ingoring me?
  • Options
    It sounds a lot like oral thrush to me. You can get something a little similar due to drug abuse.

Does it feel as so it burns?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    It sounds a lot like oral thrush to me. You can get something a little similar due to drug abuse.

Does it feel as so it burns?

you know, i wouldnt rule out STIs... go docs and check

Budda... im not ignoring you!!! i didnt know i had a PM hang on ill have a look :)
  • Options
    i wouldnt say it burns it onyl hurts if i swallow or talk the thing is ive got my bcg skin test tommorow are they still able to give me that and what about the actual bcg?
    i know this is completely off topic so i apologise
  • Options
    Sounds like strep throat to me. I would go to your doctor as soon as possible.
  • Options
    i wouldnt say it burns it onyl hurts if i swallow or talk the thing is ive got my bcg skin test tommorow are they still able to give me that and what about the actual bcg?
    i know this is completely off topic so i apologise

You sound like you really need to talk to your GP, or at least call NHS direct and get some advice. http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/ or 0845 4647. It is impossible to diagnose over the internet!!
  • Options
    one other tiny thing i went down on my bf sunday night and he did thebuisness in my mouth. if it isnt tonsilitus could it be anything to do with that
    the baby is now attached to your tonsils. in nine months time your going to have the bigget double chin you ever saw ...you'll puke up a human instead of a carrot.