Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

vrey very very ugent

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
about a week ago i was quite bored and got together a combination of paxil, no doze, diet pills and some other stuff i cant remember and crushed it and mixed it all together. it hurt like absolute fuck when i storted it. it made my eyes water and my right nasal passage just burn for about a day straight. about a day after that i noticed that my right eye felt like it had been punched. it hurt like it was bruised, but it wasn't. and of course nobody had ever punched me. now today i look closely in the mirror when i was doing my eyebrows and i noticed that my eyelid is all puffy. it makes my eye not be able to open all the way. and of course it is hideous looking. i've never noticed it before as i havn't looked good in the mirror since then. Could this be related in any way? Either way, what should I do about my eye :(:(:(:(

Comments

• Options
    I think you'd better get down to your docters pronto
  • Options
    I don't have a doctor. I have one 400 miles north west of here, but not where I live as I don't have health insurance either :S:S:S do you honestly think its that big of deal?
  • Options
    ...makes one grateful of the NHS, doesn't it?

Yes, it really is a big deal, snorting drugs is never a bright idea and certainly not in combination. Go to an ER?
  • Options
    cant really say anything that hasnt already been said. You need to go see someone hun.... it may get worse, you need a doctor to tell you for sure.

sarah xxxxx
  • Options
    You may have damaged the your sinuses in some way. When I was a kid mine became blocked causing my eye to swell up and close over. See someone, it might cost you but mistakes do and its not worth waiting as it could get worse.

Don't you have something called Medicaid for people without insurance?
  • Options
    just like everyone else said, I reckon you should go to the doctor. All they can do is sort it and maybe tell you off. it's got to be better than leaving it.

soph xxx
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: vrey very very ugent
    Originally posted by my_name
    about a week ago i was quite bored and got together a combination of paxil, no doze, diet pills and some other stuff i cant remember and crushed it and mixed it all together. it hurt like absolute fuck when i storted it. it made my eyes water and my right nasal passage just burn for about a day straight. about a day after that i noticed that my right eye felt like it had been punched. it hurt like it was bruised, but it wasn't. and of course nobody had ever punched me. now today i look closely in the mirror when i was doing my eyebrows and i noticed that my eyelid is all puffy. it makes my eye not be able to open all the way. and of course it is hideous looking. i've never noticed it before as i havn't looked good in the mirror since then. Could this be related in any way? Either way, what should I do about my eye :(:(:(:(

aww ... manda *huggles* i dont know what to say except try and get it seen to as soon as possible. x
  • Options
    Well as others have said snorting is never that nice on the nose itself, especially things which contain amphetamine like substances because they can actually be causic.

It is most probably a severe irritation caused by the mix of drugs you snorted, but I'm not a doctor and I dont want to try and give you a certain answer.
  • Options
    Hi there
    That's a pretty serious combination of drugs to be mixing together my dear. It's no wonder it caused you serious discomfort, but still, I'm sorry you had to go through so much pain. You don't mention what led you to do this is in the first place but I'm assuming that you may be going through some problems at the moment. As you are in the States, it 's really hard for us to point you directly to someone who can help, but I am sure there are organisations over there that will offer some kind of telephone counselling to help you talk things through.

As far as medical attention goes, like the others, I really would advise that you see someone for a check-up. Again, it's difficult for me to advise you of anything specific, but you can try typing "toll free helplines" along with the name of your state into Google and see what comes up.

Go Ask Alice is a good question and answer service in the States and the following link will give you some advice on health insurance and doctors:

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2013.html

Question about health insurance

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0751.html

Question about doctors

I really hope some of this helps - please don't just leave this to get worse.

Good luck
    Hannah Spanner x
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm glad we have the NHS!

Me to! I would of thought the guy's across the pond would have some kind of NHS style thing going on.
  • Options
    The US is built upon a very different structure of governance, it has a lot to do with the size, but also to do with the way the 'founding fathers' laid down the Government.

The basic is, you are always supposed to get A&E care, which you will then get billed for later. BUT doctors visits and on going care is in the hands of the individual.

Strange really given that it is actually a far more religious and charitable country than ours.
  • Options
    It works far better though, because they still give free medical care for those who can't afford the insurance. The actual hospitals are in a much better condition than ours because you pay for them.
  • Options
    Oh piss off, I'm sorry but you clearly know nothing about the US system what so ever.

If you do not have insurance in the US you are fucked, you have to pay for doctors visits and if you cant afford them, well tough.

Yes there are church hospitals etc. which will help, but if you have a long standing illness then your totally screwed.

Yes, SOME of the hospitals are better there, but then they pay FAR more than we do for them.

It is not a system that should be held up as working, or good.
  • Options
    Hope your ok huni! x
  • Options
    Thank you very very much everybody. Without your suggestions I probably would have never gone to the doctors. It turns out to actually be a very acute very early symptom of pink eye at a concindintal time. But without you I probably wouldn't have gone and A few days from now would be looking like a diseased freak :p
  • Options
    Well I'm glad that your getting it sorted. It certainly sounds unpleasant.

Still though, it really isnt a good idea to snort a random selection of drugs up your nose, you can do nasty damage.
  • Options
    What is pink eye?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    What is pink eye?

http://www.cureresearch.com/c/conjunctivitis/intro.htm
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    ...makes one grateful of the NHS, doesn't it?

Yes, it really is a big deal, snorting drugs is never a bright idea and certainly not in combination. Go to an ER?

:yes: I totally agree because my sister, being in college, yes from the U.S., but she has been snorting different kinds of drugs and shit since she has been in college and has been getting nose bleeds and such from doing it and I'm just afraid for her and just don't know how to deal with my sister's problem for fear of approaching her and having her fucking bringing up shit, from my past, after turning 21 and shit about me drinking so much, during that year, even though I was legal for where I live, but I'm just afraid of her bringing that up, but as for you, I think that you need help or to at least see a GP as soon as possible to get things checked out.
  • Options
    Just on a lighter note, my_name, something did tickle me about this...

Your Av is of that lke baby thing from South Park and they had that whole episode about Pink Eye ages back!

Just hoping to make a little light of the situation! ;)

:D

"Don't kick the baby!"
  • Options
    Originally posted by MySuffice21
    :yes: I totally agree because my sister, being in college, yes from the U.S., but she has been snorting different kinds of drugs and shit since she has been in college and has been getting nose bleeds and such from doing it and I'm just afraid for her and just don't know how to deal with my sister's problem for fear of approaching her and having her fucking bringing up shit, from my past, after turning 21 and shit about me drinking so much, during that year, even though I was legal for where I live, but I'm just afraid of her bringing that up, but as for you, I think that you need help or to at least see a GP as soon as possible to get things checked out.

That has to be the longest sentence I've ever seen.
  • Options
    awwwwwwww you poor thing i had that last summer.

not nice

try and stay away from open fires, and perfumed places and no more snorting, or your sinuses will hurt sooooooooooo much.

i have also had sinusitus and that hurt too. sleep lots and don't watch to much tv or read too much, because that can make it worse.

hope you feel better soon