Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Prom dresses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My sixth form is having a prom in August and I'd like to buy a dress. They have some lovely ones online but considering I have quite a large bust and am a very fussy dress buyer I really need to try them on first. I was wondering if anyone knows of any shops in London or in the South East area where I could go and look for prom dresses under about £200?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Theres been quite a few threads in here on prom dresses. Do a search, you might find some of the previous threads helpful. :)
  • Options
    Have you tried Bluewater, theres one shop i dont remember the name of where a few of my sisters mates bought theirs.. they were gorgeous!
  • Options
    Yeah I did do a search but can't really find much about specific shops :(

I will be looking round Bluewater, I live quite near it so I'd just have to hope that no one else got the same dress as me.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any shops around really, I would go to London but I wouldn't have a clue where to start looking, I don't go to many formal events etc. so I've never really paid any attention to names/locations of shops that sell that kind of thing.
  • Options
    Are you looking for anything in particular? Like, a traditional prom dress? If not, and your just looking for something a bit chic and classy, try the different departments in debenhams, sometimes the larger branches of TopShop do nice dresses...

This site has 2 or 3 nice dresses. Although, it is only hire, so you can't buy any!

You'll probably do best by going on a big shopping trip, like Bluewater, as seeing as its nearby its perfect. Then you can look around everywhere, get a feel for what style/colour(s) catch your eye, what shops have to offer, and how much your looking at paying.