Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bleeding while still pregnant..EEk!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My sister is pregnant and she is still bleeding like shes having her period. Is this normal? this never happened to me when I was pregnant nor have I ever heard of this happening. :no:

Is that what happens what you have a miscarriage? She took her pregnancy test 1 week ago and it was poisitive. Is it possible to still be pregnant and have your period??? :confused:

She made an appointment with her ob but it isnt till next week and both of us are dying to know whats wrong. If anyone has any idea...lemme know!!

Comments

• Options
    I have heard of it happening in the first few weeks of pregnancy, but can't remember why it happens. As far as I can remember it doesn't mean there are any problems, so it's probably not anything to worry about. But I don't know for sure. You know what I'm going to say - get her to go to the doctors for a check up to make sure all's well.
  • Options
    It's always good to go see the doctor about that kind of stuff. When I was pregnant, I had a period. I never asked about it so I don't know if its common or anything, but I've heard from others that it does happen. I wouldn't be too shocked if it was only once, but if it happens next month I'm not to sure. But I honestly hope nothing is wrong with her *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    It could be implantation bleeding.
  • Options
    Re: Bleeding while still pregnant..EEk!
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    She made an appointment with her ob but it isnt till next week and both of us are dying to know whats wrong. If anyone has any idea...lemme know!!

If she's really worried then she should see her GP as soon as possible.

My wife bled (during both pregnancies) and we now have two boys so it doesn't necessarily mean sometime bad has happened. But she really needs to be putting her mind at rest because the stress will not be doing baby any good...
  • Options
    Hi there
    You should really get some proper advice about this. Make an appointment with your GP to put your mind at rest, or the following organisations may be able to help:

British Pregnancy Advisory Service
    Information and counselling on pregnancy issues, abortion and fertility.
    Telephone: 0845 730 4030
    www.bpas.org

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334
    www.fpa.org.uk
  • Options
    I know someone who bled for 5months each month, like a period, she ended up with a healty baby :)
    It could be nothing, how far gone is she though?
  • Options
    id be at that doctors pronto. It might be nothing, but bleeding in pregnancy should ALWAYS be checked out.
  • Options
    my mum had bleeding all through pregnancy when she was having my little sister...but it could be something, get it checked is the best thing to do i think