Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stress

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi. ive been getting a lot of abuse from people at school and it is really getting me down :( also my mum is never at home with me and my brother and sister live with my dad, so its just me at home alone... im so lonely and none of my friends live near me so i cant have any friends round. its just all getting to me, and i did think of self-harming myself, but i forced myself not to, coz i have done it in the past, and it did mke me feel better afterwards, but i know its wrong... i need some way to let all my stress and depression out, have you got any ideas, so i dont do anything stupid? and i know what you're probably goin to say... "talk to someone" but i have no one to talk to... plz help me...

Comments

• Options
    Sarah hun, I told ya i'm allways there for you. just ring me or talk to me at school i'll allways be there for you..

We've spoke about things before I think it could help if you speak to a professonal.. school councillor or CFCS (aka white lodge to me n u)they could help just remember.. I care.. people care. your not alone..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    We've spoke about things before I think it could help if you speak to a professonal.. school councillor or CFCS (aka white lodge to me n u)they could help just remember.. I care.. people care. your not alone..

ive already told you ive tried that before. they dont help at all. ive been to the white lodge. and it aint going to help if people are slagging me off at school, and it aint gonna make my mum feel any better. (by the way, so you lot know... my mum suffered from manic depression) i just need a way to let all my emotions and stress out, without harming myself... i know thats what i shouldn't do. but if i cant find anything that'll help me, and i wont be able to handle it anymore, i dont no wot i'll do...
  • Options
    Originally posted by SeXySaRaH
    i just need a way to let all my emotions and stress out, without harming myself...
    THis sounds daft, but other than exercise, which is great for letting stress out, stress balls and pillows and other inanimate objects that can be beaten up really help.
  • Options
    hi sarah, i know how you feel, i used to have problems with people at school and still have family issues and it has helped me a lot by talking to teachers and definately your friends, they are there to help you. i know it might be hard at first but try not to do anything you might regret because you can't take it back.

i know it doesn't sort out your problems at school by going to the white lodge but they are there so you can get everything out and they MIGHT be able to help you deal with the people at school.

love bessy:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    THis sounds daft, but other than exercise, which is great for letting stress out, stress balls and pillows and other inanimate objects that can be beaten up really help.

OMG why didnt i think of that?! hey, thanx! i'm going to try that out... or mayb getting my mum to buy a punch bag! :D hehe that would be great!
  • Options
    i had a punchbag once, it works wonders!!! it lets out stress plus can get you fit. :p

love bessy:wave:
  • Options
    Well, you vented it onto here which was a good start, so you've done somthing about it already!

As for the prats at your school: ignore them. Eventually they will get tired of trying to wrile you up or get you down and just leave you alone.

You could try doing some exercise. How far away do your mates live? If its a couple of miles you could run there, chat to them for a bit then run back. Or Cycle it. Kill two birds with one stone. Oh, and I have a mate who tells me Tai Chi (spelling correct?) is really good for de-stressing.

Hope that gave you some ideas.
  • Options
    If there's nobody in have a really good scream and shout, and beat inanimate objects like pillows up.

If you really need to harm yourself, try things like drawing on your arms with red markers or holding ice cubes in the crook of your elbow- the first one is cathartic and the second one hurts.
  • Options
    Hi Sarah
    Well done to you for stopping the urge to self harm. It's never easy to overcome such strong urges, but remember that if you've done it once, you can do it again. We have some helpful content that you should read about this:

Stopping self harm - lots of useful tips on overcoming the urge.

Linkage - loads of organisations and helplines that you can contact.

Have a read through the links - if you feel alone, there is always someone there you can talk to about it. Contacting a helpline is always difficult at first, buit sometimes it can be easier to talk to someone anonymously as they won't judge you.

Your problems seem like they are stemming from the bullies at school. Getting caught up in bullying is a horrible thing, but it realy will help if you can talk to someone about it. If you don't feel able to speak to a teacher or parent just yet, please call someone ASAP to talk about what you are going through.

Childline will help you out - call them free and confidentially on 0800 1111 anytime.

Please don't suffer in silence - sharing your worries is the best thing you can do.
    Take care
    Hannah Spanner x
  • Options
    piccolo's idea is a good'un. That'll work. Why not go see the doctor, he may be able to give you something.
  • Options
    well thank youlot so much, i really appreciate your advice. :) and i mite try out what piccalo said! if that doesnt work then i'll try and find someone to talk to