Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stomach ulcer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not sure but after speaking to my GP over the phone he thinks I may have a stomach ulcer so I gotta go down and see him Monday.

Has anyone had a stomach ulcer before? What was the treatment and what were the symptoms of one.

Comments

• Options
    well my dad has had 2 stomach ulcers and his got reali bad but it sounds like yours has been caught early which is good. i cnt remember much about wot treatment he had but i know he had to have one of those camera down his throat....i think its called an endoscopy? something like that anyway. and he's had operations too.

good luck!
  • Options
    My mum has one. She gets really bad sore stomachs and cramps and stuff, she's on Omperasole or Losec I think. It burst when I was 5 and she was rushed into hospital and almost died.
  • Options
    Just as well it ain't one then :/.
  • Options
    my uni mate rob has a stomach ulcer-he can't drink or smoke anymore-which is good for him as he was a heavy smoker. He can't eat spicy foods now-he has to be really careful apparently of what he eats-no fry ups etc.

Poor guy-his symptoms were not really that worrying-he just felt run down and had bad breath long with a sicky feeling for a week. Most students seem to have that so he was so lucky his gp didn't dismiss his symptoms.

Anyone got any advice I can tell my friend-things to make him feel better-he is fed up of bland food!