Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eating Mushrooms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is the best way to eat mushrooms that are bought in a headshop, you know the 30 gram bags..can they just be ate raw or is putting them in tea better?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Eating Mushrooms
    Originally posted by Shogun
    What is the best way to eat mushrooms that are bought in a headshop, you know the 30 gram bags..can they just be ate raw or is putting them in tea better?
    just get them down your neck lad with some crisps or a meat pie and a big sweaty mug of tea ...in a transport cafe with about twenty mates doing the same ...are there any left with jukeboxes? (idea for new thread ...)
  • Options
    It's totally up to you. If you want to get absolute maximum effect from the mushrooms, eat them as you got them (raw) or with some kind of food (sprinkling them on after it's been cooked). If you strain them into a tea or cook them they will lose some potency but it'll be hardly noticable.

Normally I'll say that I'm going to put them in a tea or in honey but I can never be arsed, I nearly always just end up eating them raw. The truffles are a bit nasty, especially after 3 large mouthfuls you get a horrid aftertaste. Fresh Cubensis 'shrooms I quite like though, taste really juicy and fresh. Couldn't stop eating them.

No wonder I fucked up on the bus. :chin:
  • Options
    yoo dood just mash em down your gob. People make a big fuss of the taste but u just gotta grin and bare it. Its all in the name of fun and games right.
  • Options
    It depends really, I dont really mind the taste, however it can be difficult to dose accurately if you are just eating the fresh/dry because each one will be different.

I'd advise that you make a tea out of them, just put them into a mug, pour over hot but not boiling water and add a tea bag, one of the fruit with ginger ones will mask the taste easily. Then when the active ingredient is in solution you can better judge how much you are using. However as z0ma mentioned you will loose a little of the potency.
  • Options
    They dont taste too bad anyway, after youve munched loads of them then the after taste builds up. But they really arent bad at all. So i wouldnt worry about that.

Eat them raw, or stick them in a muffin or something if you dont like the taste.

Ive had mushroom tea.

Absolutley wank.

But then mushrooms are wank anyway.
  • Options
    Your probably just a 'hard head' with them Minxy, I'm sure they would work if you took enough.
  • Options
    but in the past ive tripped like anything on speed and pills...
    having said that, acid doesnt seem to like me either

i dont think that its because im not taking enough though, when i compare to friends etc..
  • Options
    Thats what I mean, some people are just 'hard heads' when it comes to certain drugs. I have no idea why, there have been a few things in the past which I just got nothing from even when I took loads.
  • Options
    oh ok fair enough, when you said hard hard i was taking it as tripping full stop.