Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

neck

I got told at work that im not to do any lifting or anything that could possibly hurt me on the job.
Now i got told this like 10 mins before i went to give one of the residents a bath...i knew not to lift or anything anyway but thats not where im going with this....anyway, as i was getting him out the bath he slipped...and i caught him....not good.
he was fine, and i thought i was too.
I think i may have strianed my neck cos now its actually quite painfull and although i can move it about and stuff it just hurts do to anything.
What should i do?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Work wise, you should report it as an accident, so that if there are any long term problems or complications you are covered for sickness, etc.
    If it's sore, then ice packs (or something cold) may help to reduce swelling an inflamation, and of course a good rub or massage may help overcome the stiffness that you'll have over the next few days. However, I'm not a doctor, so I don't know if those are the best things to do, or to be avoided. *shrugs* Ask at work, and see what they say.
  • Options
    You should definitely speak to your manager at work about this. You shopuld also see your GP ASAP to see if there's any major damage - and find out how long you should be resting for. It may need some kind of physiotherapy, but you'd need to see you GP to be sure. Hope it feels better soon.
    :)
  • Options
    Hope its get better :)
  • Options
    Yeah .. I agree too, report it officially just incase there is any long term probs and see a doctor.