Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

nails

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how do you wear your nails? long, shotr, painted, french manicured, square tips, fakes, ect...

boredem has gotten the best of me tonight

Comments

• Options
    cut short. natural.
    I often work in the diner at work and were not allowed nail varnish or false nails, not that id wear them anyway. I also hate long nails, I couldnt do anything wearing them.
  • Options
    usually a tiny bit longer than the ends of my fingers, filed if they have sharp bits.

long nails are scary and horrid, but a lot of things are difficult if you don't have a little bit of nail (sewing things, peeling satsumas, getting labels off things).

and i think nail varnish looks awful.
  • Options
    bitten fairly short & coloured in with felt tip pens :)
  • Options
    the white bit of the nail is bettween 1/2 to 3/4 of a centimetre -all nicely filed. i usually have them plain but i think i might put some clear nail varnish on.

i dont like coloured nail varnish either - only on my toes. i remember though when i was about 13/14 i used to paint one hand alternate turquoise & orange and the other alternate pink & purple. how horrible! i looked cool at the time.. :cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    the white bit of the nail is bettween 1/2 to 3/4 of a centimetre -all nicely filed. i usually have them plain but i think i might put some clear nail varnish on.

i dont like coloured nail varnish either - only on my toes. i remember though when i was about 13/14 i used to paint one hand alternate turquoise & orange and the other alternate pink & purple. how horrible! i looked cool at the time.. :cool:

oh god, i used to do that too, i'd grab all my nail polish and randomly select one and paint each nail a different color. :p

and in answer to my own question, mine are kind of medium and filed nice, if i ever break a nail though i must cut all my other nails down to equal size. different sized nails are ugly. and always painted. i get bored alot, and painting nails takes up time (not to mention fumes ;))
  • Options
    My nails are talons lol... They're all mine, non acryllic...:rolleyes: :p

I usually paint them plain black, or french manicure them myself.

When I'm uber bored, I paint them all white and use a nail art pen to decorate, usually a zebra type print in black...

Ilora x
  • Options
    some are bitten, some are just longer than where my finger stops.
    im careless.
  • Options
    Short so I can play guitar and draw and currently painted back. :p
  • Options
    atm, mine are all wonky and a mess. I can get them long and nice when i want too, but atm i cant be bothered so they r long n wonky! lol. I normally have false nails for special occasions. :)
  • Options
    From a males POV i dont like fake nails, or ones that are covered in stupid colours like red etc. I like natural nail, with some clear varnish on. I also hate really long nails. Like tanyas on footballers wives they are disgusting.

Oh and to answer the question mine are to the end of my fingers.:confused: (if that makes sense)
  • Options
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    Like tanyas on footballers wives they are disgusting.

Her's are just too long! but shes ace! :D
  • Options
    Mine are fairly long, but I've recently had them gelled to strengthen them 'coz they're always in water and started getting really weak. They're french Manicured too, and all the same length, i don't think it looks nice when some are short and others are long.
  • Options
    I have them square and meedim to short if I can. My nails are so weak though, that they peel sometimes! They dont really go white at the tips either, a yellowy-grey :( So I paint them with the creamy pink colour in a manicure kit. I do have lovely half moons though :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    I have them square and meedim to short if I can. My nails are so weak though, that they peel sometimes! They dont really go white at the tips either, a yellowy-grey :( So I paint them with the creamy pink colour in a manicure kit. I do have lovely half moons though :D
    perhaps you could look that up on the web to see if you are lacking in a certain nutrient because that doesn't sound good.
  • Options
    Mine are short and chewed all over. Sometimes I paint them, like if I'm going out. They used to be long and well cared for but I just have too many things on my plate at the moment to keep them beautifullll...
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    perhaps you could look that up on the web to see if you are lacking in a certain nutrient because that doesn't sound good.
    Apparantly i'm lacking in vitamin A, calcium and protein. They have always been like this. I drink tonnes of milk and eat lots of red meat. I think it might be the Vitamin A but it also says I might have a problem with absorbing these things. Anyone have any advice on this?
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Apparantly i'm lacking in vitamin A, calcium and protein. They have always been like this. I drink tonnes of milk and eat lots of red meat. I think it might be the Vitamin A but it also says I might have a problem with absorbing these things. Anyone have any advice on this?
    perhaps you could take supplements or go to the chemists?
  • Options
    mine are short, i don't let them get very long 'cause they break. i'm always using my fingers and handling money and stuff at work so they're always breaking. i generally have a shimmery kind of not there nail varnish on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    my index fingers are weird though.. one side grows faster than the other

Mine do that! Do you type a lot? I put it down to doing a lot of typing for my job. It's the edge nearest my thumb on both hands that is always shorter/slower growing than the other edge (nearest my middle finger).. if that makes any sense! :confused:
  • Options
    I paint mine lots, reds and black mostly. They are fairly longish like if i turn my hands over i can see my nails but they are week as i have them in water alot.
  • Options
    my "texting thumb" nail doesn't grow as fast as my other nails?!!?
    i would love to have long, sexy nails but im a dj so it isnt practical. so, short and sometimes red. but i bite my nailpolish off when im bored or stressed so its usually all skanky and messy!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
  • Options
    i have acrillic(sp) nails, just for now untill mine grown back. And usally nail art them myself or have them done. there just mid-lenght, square.

xx