Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Doctors "fear child absue cases"

Story.

If they are receiving death threats and threats to their families then that is quite clearly not acceptable, but the rest of this article actually makes me quietly seethe.

The paediatricians are complaining about parents' groups making sure that paediatricians do their job properly, yet more proof that doctors think that they are beyond public accountability. Yes, it is right that people are complaing about people doing their job, because it means that they do their job properly, unlike several paediatricians such as the brainiac in Newcastle who decided that a child was being sexually abused despite the absence of marks or psychological damage.

If they do their jobs properly then they won't be complained against, or those complaints will be thrown straight out. Professor Meadow has shown that paediatyricians, like all doctors, can NOT be trusted to do their jobs without external questioning, so the complaining is just, even if it turns out to be groundless.

And on a last point, am I the only one to be sceptical about the GMC receiving 71 complaints, and turning them all down straight away? Seems like very long odds to me.

Set of whingers.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds normal for the GMC :rolleyes:

There is an element of human error which has to be taken into account but some doctors need to realise that they are not the fountain of all knowledge and that sometimes they do get it wrong...

A little humility would go a long way.

But, death threats are not the answer.