Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

not taking a break from your pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know this thread has been done before but i cant find it anywhere. so apologies.

basically Im going away for ten days in a few weeks and am due to finish my pill, thus come on my period when I leave. Its a big festival where Im going to be performing three times a day for a week, so its highly inconvenient for me to have to be on my damn period, so i've decided to continue with the next packet straight after this one, so I miss my period when im supposed to have it.

basically, i think i can remember people writing that it was safe to take the packets back to back, but i dont remember what was said about when you come off - should i leave two weeks until i start the next packet or should i carry on after my 7 day break or what? ta very much

Comments

• Options
    take the first packet as normal. when you finish go straight onto the next packet. when you finish your second packet leave the same gap you normally would (usually a week) before you take your third packet. then carry on as normal.

:)
  • Options
    Yeah you just run the two packs together and then take the seven day break as normal. I found that when I did this, everything was fine apart from I did seem to get a bit more moody and PMT-like towards the end of the second pack. But whether that was just my imagination, or coincidence, I don't really know.
  • Options
    :)

thanks both