Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Memory Loss

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK I've noticed recently that my short term memory has been getting worse. I could never recall details accurately when people ask me about things from about a week ago and I can never keep up running jokes with people because most of the time I forget starting them!

I don't really drink that heavily, certainly not more than the average 18 year old, but I have done quite regularly since I was about 15/16. I don't do any other drugs, except cannibus very occasionally. What else could there be to explain it? It's starting to worry me!

Comments

• Options
    im sure i get this, i put it down to drinking im 16 and i can admit i drink and smoke way too much.. i think this has an effect on peoples brain and memorly loss etc. i think its the brains way of paying you back...
  • Options
    hmm my memnory has got quite bad over the past year or so. i always used to joke that it's because i drank too much. maybe its just something that happens as we get older...? (erk im only 19 :/)
  • Options
    I had this when I was younger and it got abit worrying. I found myself forgetting arguements that I'd had about 20 minutes ago, I could remember I had one but not what was said.

After a while it got better, so I suppose I would put it down to stressing out or a change in something in my lifestyle. GP's a safe bet, but that's my answer to everything on the health boards.
  • Options
    I have this problem, not all the time, but i'll forget what happened and things like that (im only 15! :|)
  • Options
    Drink and drugs can affect your memory. But most people find they have problems remembering something. I find names are a problem at times.