Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Leg warmers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
WHY?!?!

They are the worst thing to come out of the eighties (except for the mullet). They're horrible. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww. :yuck:

My sister bought some scarlet ones from TopShop and I just can't see the appeal.

Rant over!

Comments

• Options
    Fergie looks quite dapper in hers in the BEP - Hey Mama video. :)
  • Options
    funny you should say that, im actually wearing some right at this moment. topshop ones = true, a litl manky sometimes, but i have some greyandblack stripy ones which rock with ... anything, but especially miniskirt and killer spiky boots *thumbs up* i love em cuz its so easy to theme an outfit around them, theyr obviously ironic and a great talking point. i can see how they don't appeal to everyone tho, but that to me is part of their beauty *dreamy sigh*
    luv lolz xxx
  • Options
    i wear them under my wide leg jeans in the winter. keeps my legs roasty toasty.

i sometimes wear black ones over allstars when i'm wearing a skirt and it's a bit chilly.

but i do not understand why people wear them with heels. do they think this looks good? :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

but i do not understand why people wear them with heels. do they think this looks good? :eek2:

thank god i have never seen that (acutually i'vever seen anybody wear leg warmers since they made us work out to an 80s work out video 2 yrs ago) but anyways, if i did see them, especially the look stated by kafrin... i would laugh. laugh long and hard, possibly to the point of tears
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Fergie looks quite dapper in hers in the BEP - Hey Mama video. :)
    I saw them tonight :hyper:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    I saw them tonight :hyper:

UGH!

I SO wanted to see them on Friday but, alas, sold oot ;(
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i wear them under my wide leg jeans in the winter. keeps my legs roasty toasty.

i sometimes wear black ones over allstars when i'm wearing a skirt and it's a bit chilly.

:yes: Snap
  • Options
    I saw a girl wearing pink ones today.. her outfit was very impressive actually.

I have loads of leg warmers.

Left over from my dancing days i might add. After 13 years i aquired quite a few, dont want to throw them away!
  • Options
    im getting some this winter!! there furr ones, yeti style. mum's getting them:D there fab!! not keen on the knited styley ones myself. cool tho.
  • Options
    They're icky with heels. The lower 6th at my school seem to think theyre cool :chin: someone should really tell them otherwise...
  • Options
    i think they would look quite nice with heels actually. i spose it depends if you like/wear heels often though. i might get some...
  • Options
    Originally posted by _Hermione_
    im getting some this winter!! there furr ones, yeti style. mum's getting them:D there fab!! not keen on the knited styley ones myself. cool tho.

I have some of those.. used to wear them raving.

Ditched them now.