Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

not a actual relationship problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i just cant flirt! okay i can on net nad in txt but in person i just cant, like if out and sober as well ill just go shy round girls i like, and if i have anything to drink i just start being all nice.... :S

arghhhh its really bugging me now!

the reason why i not had a gf for 2/3yrs now!!!! the last one initiated on me, but since then errr noone!!!

Comments

• Options
    i used to have this trouble. have you tried asking your mates to set you up with girls.
    alls you've gotta do is be yourself+relax, and maybe having a few drinks helps if it makes you more relaxed.
    this alone may not be the reason for your long-term single life, you obviously just haven't found a girl right for you. just relax and try not to rush into things :)
  • Options
    spongebobsgirl is right about taking your time. don't want to end up dating a hoser, right?
  • Options
    Just be yourself, and relax. There's no hard and fast rules to flirting, it all depends on who you are with and where you are.

But if you're chilled you'll find the flirty answers are right there on your tongue. But people don't want a set of corny lines, they want the real person. Find the right person to flirt with and you'll be fine.
  • Options
    bein a cocky twat often helps.
    ish.
  • Options
    The "being yourself" advice is good advice. However, the problem is when you can't think of something quickly enough. I find that in real life I'm a bit slow when it comes to thinking of the right thing to say. This is where the cocky twats with the gift of the gab have the upper hand by a long way.
  • Options
    yeh thats the thing, i never know the right things to say or anything and mess it up, or dont say anything, and they just get bored... and the only people who have tried it on me without me trying it on them, or even knowing them are guys, and old guys at that, like lecturers :S to the point of coming over to me in front of everyone a tbar and saying "youve got lucky tonite mate" and blowing me a kiss, which is nice and i take it as a compliement, but its never who i like, who happen to be female!
    (btw ive questioned myself before, but only women have ever turn me on :P)

and the comment about not meeting the right girl, i have met a couple fo great girls this year and last, but they always land up with ssomeone else beforte i bother making a move, the girl i love to bits has a boyfriend now and i may be jealus, icant help that, but shes happy and despite negative comments from her other mates, i reckon her and him make a good couple, even if he does treat her how i used to when she was single :S iguess it jsut cause i never asked her out seriously :(

and the girl i really like at the moment, shes really cool girl but shes a bit quiet, and wont give anything away, and im going placebo with her tomorow, but i dont knwo how or when to approach her, cause from knowing her (seen her like 4/5 times at most in past 2 and half months), i know i really should ask her out and emtional thing then the physical part of showing her you like her *kiss kiss* and not the other way round...

ARGH WHY CANT I FLIRT!!!!! i really want her :(
  • Options
    ok, i thought you were a girl until now...

just have a laugh with whomever you are 'flirting' with. works everytime :)
  • Options
    iknow its nerves, but going thoughtless kinda removes having a plan to overcome it!

been liek it for yrs now and i dunno wot to do...
  • Options
    On the pull - loads of helpful articles

Kinda outa date me-wise now, but my fave

I love flirting, me!

oh, and the new craze of silent dating that I am so going to try sometime, may be one for you

Good Luck

Susie :)
  • Options
    well last nite at placebo, other than my errrr GREAT TIME, i went with the girl i love to bits (beth) who has a bf, who i think shes great with so i have no real complaints, and her mate, and my mate annie who ibrought along who i like....

now throughout the amazing gig, when we werent jumping around and whatnot, we were holding hands, and it was my duty to get annie back to her mum at mile end station, so ay mile end and after a good nite, and good conversations etc, i cant ask her out so i show her my fone fone askin her out as her mum came down the stairs *unintentional* and she said "ill txt u tomorow bout it" and today i got a txt saying "im happyb eing single rite now and your a good friend sorry, and the gig was amazing werent it"

I ALWAYS GET THAT!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGFGHHHHHHHGHHGHGHGHH *banging head against wall*

im not a twat (well i dont fink so) and i cant be a twat, or even act like one so dont say i become more err less nice!!!!

will i always be fucking single!!!!!!!!(/rant)
  • Options
    paitence! is the key to life.

if you want something too much you won't get it... no actually thats wrong. what i'm tryin to say is... urrr...ummm

noone is single for ever, have fun fancyin people without havin to feel guilty.....

and smile! :D
  • Options
    i dont look its just when i do meet someone i actually like they always wanna be friends

..and im too shy and too errr nice to have err random fun with people i dont fancy too much :P