Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rudeboy and Grunger Friendships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Theres no doubt that everywhere, rudeboys and grungers just dont get along.

Personally i think this is a load of bollox, its like everyother kind of person that dresses differently. There is no reason for people to hate eachother by the way they dress!

Sorry for the rant, but recently iv been getting a little bother off a couple of my mates just because im apparently a "rudeboy" and i get on really well with grungers. I have loads of grunger, rudeboy, trendy and other mates and it dont affect me at all.

So what are everyones views on different dress sence and attitudes towards them?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Rudeboy and Grunger Friendships
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    So what are everyones views on different dress sence and attitudes towards them?

Bollocks. Dress sence doesn't mean anything - apart from sometimes when people are soooo done up gothy like if you know what I mean - white face paint is a bit excessive. But wouldn't really change my attitude towards them - I'm timid meeting anyone or making friends with anyone really.

Either way people must be very retarded to go out of their way and have a go at you because you choose to be friends with people who dress differently. Owch thinking about that :( it makes me tired just thinking about it. I'm too lazy heh.
  • Options
    in a word :

Pathetic

this is so old its just not even funny anymore, anyone who believes that someones personality is determined by their clothes is ..... whats the phrase im searching for? ....um.....a bit of a twat?......leave this debate for the small minded children who still think it matters.

*sigh*
  • Options
    I agree with you both, i think its stupid the way people think people should only talk to others who dress the same and it annoys me when one of my so called mates gives me stick for having grunger friends.
  • Options
    What's a rude boy? And what's a grunger? We don't use those words here.
  • Options
    I'd just like to say that generally people grow out of all this bullshit when they leave school. It's all just so stupidly childish...

I hated all that bollocks.

Tell whoever is bothering you to fuck off and just live how you want to. Simple as that. You are who/what you are!

G.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    What's a rude boy? And what's a grunger? We don't use those words here.

rude boy = ned *i think*

grunger = erm.. dont know the word. They're like.. skaters sometimes. Greasy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by AlmightyBob
    in a word :

Pathetic

this is so old its just not even funny anymore, anyone who believes that someones personality is determined by their clothes is ..... whats the phrase im searching for? ....um.....a bit of a twat?......leave this debate for the small minded children who still think it matters.

*sigh*

so your personality, i.e the way you are, the way you think.. doens't decide on what you wear? what does, your fucking mum?

you should dress yourself by now.
    for all the people who want to live in a perfect world you have to remember that stereotypes exist for a reason.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner

grunger = erm.. dont know the word. They're like.. skaters sometimes. Greasy.

no they are not skaters at all. you ignorent tit.
    they want to be but they use boards as a fuckin fashion accesory and should all die.
  • Options
    Usually people dress the way they do because their friends do. Hence one group who hang about together will all dress like "rudeboys", another will all dress like "grungers" and a third will all dress "trendy" or whatever. Generally the different dressed groups don't mix because they're just normally not friends. Not because the grungers think "hmm, i can't be friends with him, he's a rudeboy!".

I'm not sure I like these terms. It's funny, when you see groups of people hanging around in town or whatever they're almost always dressed similarly.

Yeah, sorry, I'm kinda watching TV at the same time as typing this, so it makes very little sense. Be friends with whoever you want to be friends with, don't worry about how they dress! Or 'act' I suppose. People get so stressy about stuff that's just utter shite.
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    they want to be but they use boards as a fuckin fashion accesory and should all die.

So your saying all grungers should die?
  • Options
    you ignorent tit.

There's no need for that kinda language now :p

I said "like skaters" [as in similar to skaters] - because everytime I see the grungers in my area they're on road kerbs doing those tricky things you do on your skateboard :confused:

Oh and not that it's important but you spelt ignorant wrong.
  • Options
    It doesnt mater atall!

we have scally's and moshers up here :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    It doesnt mater atall!

we have scally's and moshers up here :yes:

And a fucking lot of them in bolton :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay
    And a fucking lot of them in bolton :mad:

So you dont like them at all then i take it
  • Options
    Did one of them hit you with their board or something? And thats exactly the kind of attitude that makes townies and grungers/moshers/goths hate each other.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Silverberg
    Did one of them hit you with their board or something? And thats exactly the kind of attitude that makes townies and grungers/moshers/goths hate each other.

exactly! i dont see the problem, when out and about i tend to stay away from townies cos of people like molo. But in work i hate a multitude of friends of all different varieties and we get along fine and have a laugh.

It just takes one person from a "side" to have a go at the other and it all starts off. So keeping in tradition, molo, i hope YOU die today.
  • Options

Removed offensive message

yes all of them
  • Options
    i´m sorry dudes but:

STOP WITH THE FUCKING LABELING IT GET NO ONE NO WHERE AND IT´S STUPID VERY VERY VEYR STUPID, AND I´M SICK AND TIRED OF BEING CALLED A GOTH. I´M NOT AND THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO CALL THEMSELVES "GOTHS" ARE MARILYN MANSON GROUPIES

now i sorry for this outburst but it´s stupid.

i have freinds who like drum and bass and wear sport clothing, and have friends who skate, i have friends who like classical music, i have friends who like REM and muse. we are people who are at the end of the day JUST PEOPLE. it doesn´t matter if you like one type of music or dress a surtain way or what.

so please stop labeling people because of what they look like or the music they listen to.

Luby
  • Options
    Originally posted by luby
    i´m sorry dudes but:

STOP WITH THE FUCKING LABELING IT GET NO ONE NO WHERE AND IT´S STUPID VERY VERY VEYR STUPID, AND I´M SICK AND TIRED OF BEING CALLED A GOTH. I´M NOT AND THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO CALL THEMSELVES "GOTHS" ARE MARILYN MANSON GROUPIES

now i sorry for this outburst but it´s stupid.

i have freinds who like drum and bass and wear sport clothing, and have friends who skate, i have friends who like classical music, i have friends who like REM and muse. we are people who are at the end of the day JUST PEOPLE. it doesn´t matter if you like one type of music or dress a surtain way or what.

so please stop labeling people because of what they look like or the music they listen to.

Luby

I totally agree
  • Options
    no they came and hung around at our fuckin skatepark thinkin they are 'wicked' when they are fags,

yes all of them
    ....Because they were in your skatepark? Surely they were intending to skate there, being skaters and all.
    And even if they were gay, thats not a reason to hate them.
    I dislike you even more now than I did when you joined.
  • Options
    Originally posted by luby
    i´m sorry dudes but:
    STOP WITH THE FUCKING LABELING IT GET NO ONE NO WHERE AND IT´S STUPID VERY VERY VEYR STUPID, AND I´M SICK AND TIRED OF BEING CALLED A GOTH......

You are going to get labels when you spend lots of time saying how evil you are and telling everyone how much you love spikes and wearing black. If you just did them, no one would label you.
  • Options
    Bollocks. Dress sence doesn't mean anything

If you were in a room with a bunch if people..

1. bloke in a suit
    1. bloke looking sporty
    1. bloke dressed like a tramp
    1. bloke dressed like goth
    1. bloke dressed trendy

Who would you speak to first? I bet it would be the best dressed. Why? Because at the end of the day you wanna speak to someone who looks like someone you can trust and someone who looks kind of "safe" to be around. Everyone goes on first impressions. You dress scruffy no one is really gonna take you seriously. If you dress smart you got more chance of people listening to you.

You have an old dear walking down the street, she stops and looks for someone to tell her the right time. Your dressed smart and next to you is some dude that looks like his got of stage at a Hip-Hop gig. The old dear will ask you for the time and not the other guy because she feels intimidated by the way he dresses.

Dress sence means a lot despite what you may think.
  • Options
    Look, no matter how old you get, or where you are, there will ALWAYS be 'labels'. You should all get over it and stop with this "I don't want to be labelled" bollocks, because someone, somewhere will ALWAYS be labelling you. They could be 12, or 112... but SOMEONE will always label.
    Personally, I couldn't give a shit if someone calls me a goth or a greebo or a mosher... that's just their way of dealing with different types of people.
    I label myself a 'goth' as it's so much easier than having to justify my looks to someone who isn't a goth.
    And what's with all this bollocks about how looks don't define you as a person. Well, mine fucking well do, and I like it that way!! I like people to be able to tell what I'm into and the people I relate to, by just looking at me. I like having an identity that other 'goths' relate to. Yes, maybe we're not all the same thinkers, or act the same, but we are all into similar kinds of things so were are labelled that way.

Why are you all so hell bent on not being labelled... why is it such a bad thing?! You don't lose your identity or personality just by being put into a social group. I just, don't get it.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Re: Rudeboy and Grunger Friendships
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Theres no doubt that everywhere, rudeboys and grungers just dont get along.

It's all such a pile of crap. People wouldn't know how to describe me, I mean the music I like is grunger-ish, and I love grungy clothes, cos I just love the style. But I have sooooo many different outfits, I've got townie-ish, in fashion ones too, so nobody can really label me. And I'll listen to pop and dance music too, so I'm not really classed!

I'm friends with both, it's wicked, you get a great mix of styles and music etc!
  • Options
    I vaguely know a couple of slight townies, but I've been friends with one of their friends since we were about 5, so they're not going to attack me. But most townies just hate me even though they know nothing about me. For instance, once I was down the local park with my friend, 2 townies come up to me and start pushing me around, by the end they were setting fire to my hair and they had a knife to my throat.
    -
    About 7 townies started attacking my friend and kicking him in the face because they thought he was gay.
    -
    Me and a friend were walking to meet another friend, on the way we walked past some townies, they followed us and asked us for cigarettes, neither had any, they didn't believe us, we started to walk away and one of them jumped on me from behind, pushed me into a fence and punched me in the face, I eventually managed to punch him in the face and we ran off.
    -

Now on none of these occaisons did I do anything to provoke them, they simply didn't like me because I didn't dress like them. That is a disgusting attitude to have, one which has me hate them because of their attitude towards me and my friends. Sure I don't like their music but they seem to think that its ok to attack me for it. I personally don't think they deserve to live, well maybe not get killed, but maybe torture or something.
  • Options
    AGAIN
  • Options
    If you are going to debate an issue can you please avoid personal attacks to each other and generally, and derogatory/ offensive remarks or I've be forced to close this thread and whip some arses.

Susie :eek:
  • Options
    but he was being stupid, he didn't actually read what i said and then proceeded to talk down to me.
  • Options
    but he was being stupid, he didn't actually read what i said and then proceeded to talk down to me.
    You were saying it was your skatepark, it wasn't, anyone has a right to skate there.
    You were saying they were 'fags' when I think its offensive that you consider the term fag is an insult.
  • Options
    You were saying it was your skatepark, it wasn't, anyone has a right to skate there.
    You were saying they were 'fags' when I think its offensive that you consider the term fag is an insult.

well if you had been allowed to read my previous post, a skatepark is for skaters, not for people pissed off cus their mums won't let them have desert to litter the place, spit everywhere and generally destroy the place.

and i seriously doubt you find it offesnsive. your just bein awkward and overly p.c. whats the point? words can have more than one meaning and in this case does.

if people want to be gay, let them be. why would i care.