Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

indigestion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant, and although i love pregnancy i can't seem to shift the indigestion. I've cut out orange juice (much to my horror) and i don't drink tea or coffee but still no joy.
My only relief seems to come with polos. Has anyone got any other ideas? Its starting to keep me up all night.

Comments

• Options
    i drink milk or chew on rennies.
  • Options
    hmmm. i think it might be a good idea to speak to a doctor/nurse/pharmacist, cause i'm not too sure what's safe to take while you're pregnant and what's not.

if it's heartburn-type indigestion, you can help it by sleeping with your head higher than your chest, not eating spicy or acidic food, and drinking water with your meal, to dilute everything a bit.

things like rennies and remegel are great, but like i said, i'm not sure if they're safe for you to take.
  • Options
    I really hate milk, i have to hold my nose and drink it for the sake of the baby. Rennies are good but i was hoping for a cheap alternative. Thanx 4 the advice anyway:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

if it's heartburn-type indigestion, you can help it by sleeping with your head higher than your chest, not eating spicy or acidic food, and drinking water with your meal, to dilute everything a bit.

Just as i thought, out with curry! I do drink plenty of water tho
  • Options
    also found this page for you :)
  • Options
    Thanx for that, i'm gonna give the lot a go.... i really do need a full nights sleep! Cheers:thumb: