Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Totally meaningless sex?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
here's the deal. i have the opportunity to have lots of totally commitment free sex with a woman i met. she is good looking, nice, blah, blah, blah. the thing is that i don't know if i should.

as hard as it is for me to believe i want to be in a relationship to get the sex. i like the whole connection thing during. i almost think that is the best part. then again i haven't gotten laid in over a year and i'm a guy which by definition makes me a one track minded individual (sex).

if anyone has been in a similar situation or has any advice i would welcome it. pretty sure about what i should do, but a second opinion never hurt.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Totally meaningless sex?
    Originally posted by ReverandX
    here's the deal. i have the opportunity to have lots of totally commitment free sex with a woman i met. she is good looking, nice, blah, blah, blah. the thing is that i don't know if i should.
    Yes! :D
    Well, you should give it a go if the opportunity is there. But are you sure it's commitment free? Are you sure more isn't expected?
    I know what you mean about the connection though, and would much rather have that. But if you can just keep it as friends, then it should work out ok.
    The only thing to be wary of is that one of you will almost certainly start to want more from the relatioinship (and it is a relationship of sorts), and that's when it gets a bit awkward. :(
  • Options
    i agree with mr wobble, just be careful that you dont get attached and start having feelings for her. its only natural to do that when you're sleeping with a person, so just try to keep it as a friendship :)
  • Options
    Personally, I doubt that you could have long term "meaningless sex". You would develop some sort of bond, regardless.
  • Options
    I totally agree with Mist you would defiantly develope some kind of bond.
  • Options
    Agree with Mist - that's what I was going to say.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Personally, I doubt that you could have long term "meaningless sex". You would develop some sort of bond, regardless.
    That sums it up very well. It may not be love as such, but it will be a relationship, and you will bond to a certain extent, and it could all end up being a bit messy.
  • Options
    It does not work! Believe me!! i've tried it with a friend of a friend and you will always make an attachment. (Maybe its because i'm female, i dont know!!) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    a male friend btw!!:D
  • Options
    ...i used to think you could have commitment/emotionless sex....but 9/10 it doesnt work, its human nature to want to make sum kind of connection and things....you can try but dont be suprised if it goes tits up.
  • Options
    I don't think I'd be able to do it without wanting more, but try everything once, you might regret it if you say no
  • Options
    i have just been through something like this, imo, id say nooo, but thats just me getting to attached to people.
  • Options
    i've just started having sex with a lass and its completley no strings attatched sort of thing, we've been having it about 4 times a week for 3 weeks now and its going ok, we both know it wouldnt work as a relationship and im happy with it... we arent even proper friends really and it works well
  • Options
    Originally posted by badboy4life
    i've just started having sex with a lass and its completley no strings attatched sort of thing, we've been having it about 4 times a week for 3 weeks now and its going ok, we both know it wouldnt work as a relationship and im happy with it... we arent even proper friends really and it works well

Some people (including me) are in 'relationships' and they're lucky if they get to see their other half that often in a week! Are you sure it's 'no - strings'?
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Philosopher
    Some people (including me) are in 'relationships' and they're lucky if they get to see their other half that often in a week! Are you sure it's 'no - strings'?

well the only time we see each other is when we both want sex, we will just ring each other if we want it and arrange a time to come to mine or i go round to hers, its quite convenient because we live down the same street and its easy for both of us
  • Options
    i don't see why you shouldn't give it a go. Yeah its difficult but its possible - just be honest with yourself, if you start to have feelings for her or think she may start having feelings for you then break it off.

As long as you both just think of each other as friends and don't expect it to last too long (i.e. more than a few weeks, month 1/2 probably tops) then it shouldn't be a problem.

Just don't kid yourself into thinking its nothing if u start to think about her all the time, as long as your honest with yourself should be fine.
  • Options
    just tell me... how you meet her....